Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization that values your professional growth? Come and join our 2020 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Reston Hospital Center is a 187-bed acute care facility, is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune's 500, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S. We are a Level II Trauma facility and hold certifications within our stroke and total joint center and we are an accredited chest pain center. Most importantly, we are dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community by putting patients first.
HCA Nurse Residency Program Trauma Step-down Unit
StaRN Program (14 weeks total):
Our StaRN Program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today's hospital environment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 6 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 8 weeks preceptorship
- Certification achieved: ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI certifications
After StaRN you will transition to our Professional Development Program:
- 9 month program factored into your full time position in the Emergency Department
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Partnered with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
Additional Information about Our Trauma Step-down Unit:
- You will work with our team on an 11-bed trauma step-down unit
- We are a Level II Trauma Center and Certified Stroke and Heart Center
- Our nurse to patient ratio 3-4:1 and our patient turnover is 3-4 days
- We treat patients experiencing various trauma injuries, including falls, spinal cord, STEMIs, and head injuries
- We offer you a ...