Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization? Come and join our 2020 HCA Nurse Residency Program!
At our facility, we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care. Click here to see what some of our team members have to say about being a part the HCA team.
Reston Hospital Center is a 187-bed acute care facility, is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune's 500, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S. We hold certifications within our stroke and total joint center and we are an accredited chest pain center. Most importantly, we are dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community by putting patients first.
HCA Nurse Residency Program (Progressive Care Unit (PCU))
StaRN Program (14 weeks total):
Our StaRN Program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today's hospital environment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 6 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 8 weeks preceptorship
- Certification achieved: ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI certifications
After StaRN you will transition to our Professional Development Program:
- 9 month program factored into your full time position in the Emergency Department
- Obtain Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- Partnered with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)