SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Well known as a Denver institution and a 9th Avenue landmark for more than 60 years, Rose Medical Center has earned a reputation as Denver's "Baby Hospital" while becoming a leader in comprehensive women's services, internal medicine, endoscopy, heart and vascular care, orthopedics and total joint replacement, bariatric surgery, sports medicine and aesthetic surgery.
Cardiac rehabilitation in Denver, Colorado
- 2-3 shifts a month regularly, more if vacations are planned.
- Working 8 hour shifts 7-3:30 and/or 8:30-5.
- Chest pain
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Coronary stenting
- Heart attack
- Heart valve surgery
- The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety, and learning needs of the individual patients.
- The Registered Nurse may be asked to float to areas other than his/her assigned service area, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency.
- The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at Rose Medical Center.
- Perform Lab testing as assigned based on protocol of each test, documenting results and communicating criticals as defined.
- Complete competency as required.
- Follow lab testing safety guidelines, maintenance and QC completion/documentation, and proficiency testing as assigned.
- Follow "good lab practice" in testing and initiate corrective action as issues occur with test system or result.
- Educational records (diploma or transcript) are mandatory for staff performing non-waived testing.
RN License in the State of Colorado. Current BLS and ACLS certification through American Heart Association.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. BSN is desirable. Certification, experience, or training equivalent to those specified for an American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for “ Cardiovascular Nurse” or “Exercise Specialist” by the American College of Sports Medicine, (ACSM).
One year experience in critical care or cardiac rehabilitation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrates good organizational skills.
2. Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at Rose Medical Center.
3.Displays appropriate judgement and problem solving skills.
4.Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
5.Basic knowledge of exercise physiology, nutrition, cardiac risk factor and behavioral modification strategies, counseling techniques, and uses of educational programs as applied to cardiovascular rehabilitation services.
6.Ability to perform cardiovascular physical assessments, accurately interpret clinical data, and triage medical care as appropriate.
7.Leads inpatient and outpatient exercise sessions while maintaining exercise guidelines for individual patients.
8.Ability to develop educational materials and educate patients.
9.Knowledge of body composition methods and cardiac monitoring.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.