DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Bone Marrow Transplant RegisteredNurse (RN)
Do you wantto be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for awork environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your applicationtoday and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse for our Bone Marrow Transplant Unit(BMT) to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with highquality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support eachother and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care isas meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center, located in the Uptown neighborhood in Denver, CO andlicensed for 680 beds, PSL provides the most advanced care forpatients across the Rocky Mountains and Great Plains. We are proud to serve ourcommunity with experienced physicians who offer a wide range of medicalservices for patients of all ages.
Our Centers ofExcellence Include:
- Advanced Center for Spinal Microsurgery
- Bariatric Surgery. Cardiac Rehabilitation Certified by the American Association of Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Colorado Blood Cancer Institute
- Comprehensive Cancer Programs
- The Denver Clinic for Extremities at Risk
- Denver Wound Healing Center
- Diabetes Management Center
- High-risk Obstetrics, Level III NICU & Pediatrics
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Medicine
- Kidney Transplant Center. Level IV Trauma Center
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Sleep Study Lab
- Spine and Joint Care Specialty Services
- Vascular Center Thoracic Outlet Program
The blood cancer careteam at Colorado Blood Cancer Institute (CBCI), a part of the Sarah CannonCancer institute at Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center, is committed toproviding the best treatment to patients facing blood cancers such as leukemia,lymphoma and myeloma. Our multidisciplinary team is dedicated to bringing youthe latest techniques and technologies to ensure you get the care you need.
We offer you a generousbenefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
Position Summary: This position supportsthe mission of Presbyterian/St Luke’s Medical Center of optimizing quality oflife of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medicalneeds to the needs of the whole person. The BMT RN oversees and directs the care of the BMT/Oncologypatient. The BMT RN is responsible forthe care of blood and marrow transplant patients, patients withhematologic/oncologic disorders, patients with multisystem organ failure, andother patients meeting BMT admissions criteria. Serves as primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines forwell-coordinated patient care. Overseesand directs the care of assistive personnel, maintaining final accountabilityfor the care given to assigned patients. Within the first year the RN will have gained basic BMT knowledge andskills. Between the first and secondyear the RN will have gained BMT critical care knowledge and skills. When the need arises, will perform otherduties as assigned by supervisor.
Presbyterian/St. Luke’sMedical Center and Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children expects our Code ofConduct Value Statements to be reflected in the way every employee interactswith co-workers, patients and family members, and with others in the community.
- We recognize and affirm the unique and intrinsic worth of each individual
- We treat all those we serve with compassion and kindness
- We act with absolute honesty, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.
- We trust our colleagues as valuable members of our healthcare team and pledge to treat one another with loyalty, respect and dignity
Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT) is anacute care unit where you will deliver phenomenal care for adulthematologic-oncology, autologous and allogeneic blood and marrowtransplantation patients, and patients receiving CAR T-cell therapy. In this role,you will be asked to provide the following services:
• Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management,including investigational protocols
Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozenplasma
• Management of patients with radiation implants, centralvenous access devices and spinal drains
• Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration
• Thoracentesis and paracentesis
• Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
• Management of toxicities r/tchemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation therapy and neutropenia/ thrombocytopenia/anemia
• Antibiotic/Medication therapies
• Autologous and Allogeneic Blood and Marrow Transplant
• Bone marrow harvest recovery
• Pain Management and telemetry monitoring
- Currentlicensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse; BLS – Healthcareprovider.
- ACLSrequired within 9 months.
- ONSChemotherapy Provider Card required within the first 9 months of hire.
- Ifthe staff member is PRN, they will not be required to have ONS ChemotherapyProvider Card because they will not have enough exposure tochemotherapy/biotherapy to maintain competency in this area.
- Graduateof an accredited school of nursing. EKGinterpretation competency or course within the first year of hire. BSN preferred.
- Oneyear experience in acute care preferred.
- Abilityto communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and otherhealth care team members.
- Abilityto manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patientcare. Strong critical thinking skills.
- Desireto provide compassionate, holistic care.
If you are looking foran opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage youto apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified youwill hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and applytoday!
Recruiter contact: KylieDennis, Recruiter
We are an equalopportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.