We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team. Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, offers integrated cancer treatments with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for those facing cancer in communities across the United States and United Kingdom. Through its services, Sarah Cannon is providing state-of-the-art cancer care close to home for hundreds of thousands of patients, a number unmatched by any single cancer center.
And, Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville is a 418-bed acute care, Level II Trauma hospital offering a full line of services, including 24-hour emergency care at three different locations, an accredited Chest Pain Center, certified Stroke Center, dedicated Heart Center, Bone and Joint Center, and Memorial's maternity center, Special Beginnings.
Come join our team of of dedicated Cancer Care professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world.
Benefits: We offer you a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, paid time off, 401k, medical, dental vision and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment and employee stock purchase plan along with a huge opportunity for growth as you'll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital organizations in the world.
We are searching for a new Oncology Nurse Navigator, to function as a key member of our multidisciplinary cancer care team and to serve as an advocate and educator for cancer patients, from diagnosis through end of active treatment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serving as patient advocate from diagnosis to end of active treatment.
- Assessing patients' medical, social, psychosocial, and other care needs.
- Providing appropriate teaching, outreach, and support to patients and families.
- Ensuring the patient is empowered to manage his/her own healthcare needs
- Streamlining processes for patients by assisting with appointment scheduling and paperwork preparation.
- Coaching and assist patients to remove barriers related to insurance coverage, transportation, ...