HCA, a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees, is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom.
The National Contact Center Management group serves our patients by interacting with them via telephone and other media in order to assist them with their healthcare journeys. NCCM uses a variety of tools that act in tandem with each other and on behalf of our patients and provides services such as provider referrals, connection with healthcare services, and clinical advice.
As a telephone triage nurse, you will focus your compassionate care on our patients by phone. While working closely with them, you may complete clinical tasks alongside them such as health incident triage, furthering patient education goals or prescribed education, locating appropriate treatment, or ensuring that recent treatment is progressing well.
Nurses with experience in emergency care, home care, oncology, pediatrics, cardiology, multi-specialty and critical care are in highest demand, but all nursing experience is appreciated. Never performed tele-triage? There are traits that can predict your fit: are you an active listener? Do you have a great phone voice? Can you visualize symptoms or other details without seeing them in person? Do you have great assessment skills? At NCCM, we use evidence-based protocols and will train you on the applications and software that you'll need, and great nurses have growth and advancement opportunities. Expect to think, talk, and type 55 words per minute simultaneously; do not expect bodily fluids or sixteen-hour shifts.
This clinical role provides appropriate compassionate advice to callers using evidence based clinical decision tools to help callers make personal health decisions. Make cross referrals as indicated. Facilitate referrals and event registration through internal transfer mechanisms.
* Documents caller information and outcomes in a relational database system in accurately and as prescribed by current standards and policies
* Maintains confidentiality, HIPAA and PHI compliance
* Communicates appropriately and clearly with departmental management, co-workers and callers and exhibits willingness to master new work routines and methods
* Practices and adheres to HCA's "Code of Conduct" and "Mission and Value Statement"
* Provides homecare, advice and/or education to callers that respects the cultural, spiritual, intellectual/educational, and psychosocial differences of individuals and preserves caller's autonomy, dignity and rights.
* Maintains and contributes to a collaborative professional and ethical work environment.
* Actively participates in team meetings and engages in the processes of the contact center
A few of the benefits we provide you:
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
* Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
* 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
* New Extended Family Leave and PTO
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Employee Discount Program
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Experience and Education:
* Associate or Bachelor's degree required
* 3 years nursing experience required
* RN licensure in the state of residency required, other licensure may be required based on business need
Job: **Nursing - Professional*
Title: Telephone Triage Nurse
Location: Tennessee-Brentwood-PM Tristar Division
Requisition ID: 26486-4960