Respiratory Therapist - PRN
Alaska Regional Hospital
Alaska Regional is part ofHCA's network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country - offering employees the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and Alaska Regional are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
The Respiratory Therapist sets up and operates various types of respiratory care equipment to be utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disease and/or illness for neonate, infant, pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Delivers and assesses responses to ordered therapy per plan of care including routine and intensive therapy and diagnostic procedures.
* Utilizes various types of oxygen and other therapeutic gas equipment such as masks, tents and incubators.
* Administers prescribed doses of medicinal gases and aerosol drugs.
* Measures ventilatory volumes, pressures and blood gas analysis.
* Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition and general acceptance of treatment.
* Performs a variety of duties related to setting up, operating, cleaning, sterilizing, and storing respiratory therapy equipment.
* Responds to emergency team calls.
* Educates patients and family members and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* Certified Respiratory Therapist required.
* Registry eligible or Registered Respiratory Therapist preferred.
* BLS Certification through American Heart Association.
Job: **Therapy & Rehabilitation*
Title: Respiratory Therapist
Location: Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
Requisition ID: 01406-6533