Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In recent years, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.**
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women's Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking Office Coordinator to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
The Outpatient Registration Specialist is responsible for the smooth and effective operations of the clerical, billing, admission/registration, patient scheduling aspects of the outpatient department. The Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities are as follows:
* Ensures pre-certification/Pre-registration status is complete for patients prior to their first visit with complete documentation of the covered services.
* Establishes a system to track managed care patients and number of approved visits.
* Obtains approval for additional visits prior to the last approved visit.
* Enters all patient/client demographics, charges and insurance information with a minimum of 98% accuracy.
* Reconciles charges daily by utilizing the schedule and the daily charge entry report.
* Reconciles weekly and month end statistics with the Clinical Supervisor.
* Schedules patient appointments. Collaborates with Supervisor in scheduling emergency patient visits.
* Establishes system to track cancelled appointments and reschedule patients.
* Makes confirmation appointment calls to patients the day prior to scheduled appointment.
* Answers the phone promptly in a positive professional manner.
* Obtains all information on the new patient information sheet during the appointment scheduling phone call.
* Prints daily schedules for the Therapists and Supervisor
* Maintains a current list of insurance plans
* Arranges patient transportation as needed.
* Ensures timely and accurate completion of the chart (per hospital policy) in order for it to be sent to medical records/HPF at the end of each month.
* Maintains safe environment and follows all hospital policies and procedures as required.
* Maintains a professional appearance and manner at all times.
* Reports all unusual occurrences to the Director and/or Supervisor.
* Maintains strict patient/staff confidentiality.
* High school graduate. Associate degree in Business Administration/Systems preferred
* CPR recommended
* Previous office experienced preferred
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Job: **Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling*
Title: Outpt Reg Specialist PRN
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09722-59746