Office Clerk/Receptionist, Full Time Days 1.00 FTE
College of Nursing
- Mercy Hospital
Mercy Hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of South Florida for more than 60 years. As a comprehensive acute healthcare facility, Mercy offers a full range of services to the residents of Miami-Dade county and surrounding communities. Licensed for 488-beds, Mercy Hospital is accredited by Joint Commission. Mercy is affiliated with more than 1,000 physicians representing a wide range of medical specialties.
As Miami-Dade County's only Catholic hospital, Mercy Hospital is sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of St. Augustine, Florida and affiliated with HCA East Florida Division. Since its inception in 1950, Mercy Hospital has maintained its reputation for excellence while following the Catholic tradition of caring for God's people and providing spiritual support. Mercy Hospital is dedicated to providing excellent medical care, while remaining true to its mission of caring for the physical and spiritual needs of all the people it serves.
/Mercy Hospital is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. Join our tradition of excellence!/
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment plan
The office clerk receptionist maintains contact with college applicants, visitors, faculty, staff members and enrolled students on a daily basis. The office clerk receptionist provides information on college programs and advises prospective applicants on criteria for admission to the college. The office clerk receptionist prepares and proctors the pre-entrance exam under the supervision of and as directed by the Dean or designee. The office clerk receptionist coordinates all necessary and required paperwork and records on each candidate applying to the college. The office clerk receptionist composes and processes correspondence to applicants. He/She maintains accurate records in the college and files all documents utilizing a systematic method as directed. He/She maintains the flow of office traffic and phone calls. He/She is responsible for photocopying, handling department mail and assisting in the ordering of department supplies.
Job Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
* Maintains office area in a professional, organized and business manner.
* Consistently accepts other office functions as requested by the Dean or designee.
* Consistently compiles and sends updatedcollege information brochures and application packets to prospective applicants and students.
* Consistently communicates accurate information regarding theCollege of Nursing. Writes clearly and legibly, using correct spelling and approved abbreviations, acronyms, and symbols.
* Consistently updated on PC application knowledge including Word, Excel, Outlook e-mail, and other information system applications utilized by theCollege of Nursing.
* Functions effectively and with a positive attitude when reassigned to other duties in the School of Practical Nursing / College of Nursing.
* Consistently prepares correspondence, reports, and other requested documents within assigned time frames.
* High School Diploma required
* Associates /Technical degree preferred
* 0-2 years experience
* Experience in Microsoft Office
* Multitask in fast paced environment
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to follow instructions and communicate accordingly.
Job: **Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling*
Title: Office Clerk
Location: Florida-Miami-Mercy Hospital
Requisition ID: 26110-11679