Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are seeking a Full-TimeNurse Technicianfor our Medical/Surgical Department to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
Frankfort Regional Medical Center (FRMC) is a 173 bed, acute care facility, Level III Trauma Center, Primary Stroke Center, and Accredited Chest Pain Center. We primary serve the areas of Franklin, Anderson, Owen, Woodford, Shelby, and other surrounding counties.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Clinical Supervisor, and under close direction of the Registered Nurse (RN) administering patient care and related activities, services and/or procedures to promote the physical and emotional health and personal comfort needs for assigned patients. The Nursing Technician is responsible for providing patient care that includes data collection, documentation, communication, and implementation of patient care interventions in accordance with the state Nursing Practice Acts and generic/unit structure standards.
Specific Elements and Essential Functions of this role include:
* Greets and interacts with all patients, significant others, visitors, guest, in a cheerful, courteous, positive manner at all times.
* Assist in the admission of new patients and prepares them for patient care.
* Completes documentation in a timely, proficient and complete manner.
* Ensure the patient hygiene is completed daily (oral, body, toileting, linen, etc).
* Observes for any changes in the patient's condition and reports changes or concerns to the primary RN or Charge Nurse.
* Assists in providing safety and prevention for all patients (falls, skin integrity, infection, etc).
* Ensures patient area(s), nurses station, and department is clean, tidy, and in order.
* Demonstrates the ability to ask the "3 P's" prior to leaving a patient room.
* Assists in updating and maintaining the white boards in the patient rooms.
* Ensures that patients are ambulated, turned, and repositioned according to standards of care.
* Utilizes Service Excellence and Customer Service Initiatives with every patient and every family every time.
* Completes the Sitter education and maintains competency in sitter role.
* Nurse Tech experience (preferred)
* Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program (preferred)
* American Heart Association's Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Healthcare Provider certification upon hire (required)
* Certified Nursing Assistant Licensure/Certification (preferred)
* Day Shift (12 hour shifts)
* Weekend & Holiday requirements (as needed)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: **Nursing Support*
Title: Nurse Technician Medical Surgical Unit
Location: Kentucky-Frankfort-Frankfort Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00059-4928