West Florida Healthcare is proud to be the only hospital in the area to offerall private roomsas well as the area's only Accredited Chest Pain Center. The facility is also an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and is the area's only accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the all private room acute care hospital, the area's only comprehensive physical rehabilitation hospital, and a mental health facility.
Affiliated with HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare offers major services in cardiology/cardiovascular surgery, oncology, neurology/neurosurgery, orthopedics, emergency care, behavioral health, obstetrics, rehabilitative medicine and many other medical specialties.
For more information about the hospital, visit www.westfloridahospital.com
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Mental Health Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities in the Mental Health unit include:
* Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
* Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
* Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
* Assists patients in ambulating.
* Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
* Performs non sterile dressing changes.
* Passes and collects bed pans.
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
* 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Student Loan Assistance
Paid Family Leave
Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
And much more!
High School Graduate or equivalent required.
1. Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider required.
2. Current FL CNA certification/license required
3. At least one year of experience working within the mental health/behavior health unit strongly preferred.
4. Certification as a Behavior Health Tech desired.
5. Working knowledge of medical terminology.
6. Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
7. Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
8. Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
Job: **Behavioral & Social Work*
Title: Mental Health Tech I IPF
Location: Florida-Pensacola-West Florida Hospital
Requisition ID: 00060-9047