LewisGale Hospital Pulaski (LGHP)is located in the beautiful mountainous region of Virginia. Pulaski is considered a neighbor to theVirginia Tech Hokiecommunity and is a short 45 minute drive from Roanoke, VA. The HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) hospital is a 147-bed acute care facility with more than 350 employees and has been recognized by Joint Commission as a Top Performer. The medical staff includes a wide range of primary care and specialty care physicians, including Cardiology, Otolaryngology, Orthopedics, General Surgery, Urology and Oncology as well as Hospitalists.
We recently broke ground on our newmental health facilitythat is expected to open in August 2019. This will be a 16-bed inpatient unit that will serve the New River Valley and surrounding areas. We are looking for team members to join us on this new unit.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
* Provides initial and ongoing psychosocial assessments for patients/families having complex psychosocial needs, mental health illness and or substance abuse needs.
* Collaborates with the interdisciplinary treatment team and develops treatment goals and plans interventions that assist the patient and family to resolve psychosocial concerns that may arise as a result of illnesses, engagement in high risk social behaviors (i.e. substance abuse), limited finances and/or physical disabilities.
* In consultation with the Clinical Case Manager, applies the rules of Severity of Illness, Intensity of Service, and Discharge Indicators consistently in evaluating medical necessity.
* Participates in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings to facilitate individualized plan of care for each patient.
* Educates patients and families to the patient's needs post discharge and informs them of the alternatives available to meet those needs.
* Refers patients who require extended care post discharge to post-acute care facilities. Once an appropriate bed is located, arranges for the patient's transfer.
* Collaborates with community agencies that provide services to assist with housing, financial, transportation, psychosocial, educational, home health, and home medical equipment needs of patients/families post discharge.
* Provides interdisciplinary and collaborative care, treatment and services; initiates patient/family meeting and communicates results with the health care team to achieve positive outcomes as indicated.
* Documents clinical / social work assessments, treatment goals, interventions, outcomes, and discharge plans in the patient's medical record congruent with departmental policies.
* Provides crisis and supportive counseling to enhance the patient's and family's problem solving and coping skills. Counsels patient/families regarding advance medical directives.
* Takes a proactive role in discharge planning. Documents aftercare appointments and instructions on the discharge Information Form in a timely manner.
* Communicates with aftercare providers to ensure continuity and coordination of care.
* Provides ongoing education on ethical, psychosocial, discharge planning issues and other care coordination for the other members of the interdisciplinary team.
* Maintains current knowledge of trends related to care coordination issues through attendance and active participation in continuing education and professional organizations.
Other duties as assigned. *
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
* Master's Degree in related field of study (MS, MA, MSW) including but not limited to: Art Therapy. Music Therapy, Activities Therapy, Addiction Counseling, or Alcohol & Drug Counseling (required)
* One year paid employment or a field placement in a health care setting (required)
* Two years paid employment or a field placement in a health care setting (preferred)
* American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Healthcare Provider upon hire or within 90 days of hire (required)
* Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Certification upon hire or within 60 days of employment (required)
* PRN (hours vary)
* Weekend and Holiday coverage (as needed)
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Title: Group Therapist PRN
Location: Virginia-Pulaski-LewisGale Hospital-Pulaski
Requisition ID: 00041-21464