Clinical Pharmacist - PRN
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Pharmacy department. Submit your application today!
Our Pharmacy teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
Your passion is caring. So is ours. Come grow your career with us-become a member of a collaborative team whose mission focuses on the care and improvement of human life.
Research Medical Center has served Kansas City and the surrounding area since 1886-and those years have allowed the 590-bed facility to put down meaningful roots in a community that depends on its acute and outpatient medical care services.
At the Kansas City research hospital and ER, our mission is to touch lives with hope, healing, comfort and care. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, our hospital system is comprised of three health clinics that embody the heart of the HCA Midwest Health system. Our additional two campuses include Research Medical Center Brookside Campus, 6601 Rockhill Rd, and Research Psychiatric Center, 2323 E 63rd St.
Each Research Medical Center facility is recognized as a healthcare leader in our region as a result of our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. With over 700 doctors representing 29 medical specialties-including women's services offering obstetrics and fertility, an emergency room and trauma center, a stroke center, a walk-in clinic, and orthopedics-we ensure that our patients' needs are always met and that their expectations are continually exceeded at our Kansas City health clinics.* *
Learn more about working at Research Medical Center where above all else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life:
- Thinking of relocating to Kansas City (Relocation Assistance Provided) Learn about living in oneAmerica's Coolest Cities**.*
- Learn more about living in KC. http://www.thinkkc.com/with/HCAMidwest***
The Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for providing all levels of pharmacy clinical services. This includes monitoring patient medication regimens and providing appropriate interventions as well as supporting all aspects of pharmacy operations. DUTIES (INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Interpret orders and transcribes or verifies them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer
* Accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals
* Complies with facility policy and procedures and regulatory requirements
* Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug interactions and drug-food interactions
* Provide clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic solutions
* Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing nonformulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges
* Attend and actively participate in daily multidisciplinary and bedside rounds
* Support the hospital formulary decision process by working with medical staff to promote rational drug therapy and provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients
* Actively participate in pharmacy clinical services such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics
* Participate in the antimicrobial management and other clinical programs
* Document all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely.
* Responsible for mentoring
* Support and participate in the goals of the organization's quality improvement, risk management and patient
* Complete notification reports regarding medication errors and adverse drug reactions
* Participate in the data collection of drug utilization evaluations, adverse drug reactions, and pharmacy quality
* Participate in the training of new pharmacists, pharmacy students, residents, technicians, nurses and physicians
* Participate in preceptorship of pharmacy students and/or residents
* Maintain professional competency sufficient to meet current and future needs of the facility
* Has knowledge of the patient populations served and apply that knowledge in the care of those patients
* Provide basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems
* Effectively supervise pharmacy operation activities and provides support to the whole pharmacy team
* Compliant with facility pharmacy schedule to work physically at patient care areas to interact with medical staff
* Effectively and proactively intervene in conflicts between pharmacy and medical staff regarding drug therapy
* Train and participate with Disaster Team drills and realevent response as assigned
* Train and participate with Code Teams as assigned.
* Obtain and maintain BLS-ACLS or PALS current certification
* Maintain appropriate controlled substance records
* Work with the Pharmacy Director to comply with all regulatory standards
* Work with the Pharmacy Director to identify and develop processes to prioritize work and lead others to comply with facility medication turn-around time policy and procedure
* Identify areas for improved efficiency
* Supervise and assist pharmacy technicians and other support staff effectively if/when assigned
* Participate in establishing pharmacy goals and objectives and assist in their implementation
* Participate with various nursing and medical staff committees as necessary
* Participate in the continuous quality review of order sets and/or computer drug entries
* Participate in the continuous quality improvement of pharmacy operations (operational/clinical)
* Provide input for improving pharmacy computer system programs relating to pharmacy, nursing and physicians
What qualifications you will need:
B.S. or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy, a Doctor of Pharmacy from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy is preferred
EXPERIENCEAt least one of the following:
Minimum of 1 year of hospital clinical pharmacy experience or at least 2 years of general hospital pharmacy experience preferred; within area of focus
Completion of hospital PGY1/ pharmacy general practice residency or fellowship highly preferred
Specialty BCPS certification preferred
Other certification (e.g. FCCP, FASHP)
Active pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate Missouri State Board of Pharmacy
Missouri Medications Therapy Management Certification
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: **Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech*
Title: Clinical Pharmacist PRN
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-59695