Hospital Corporation of America (HCA)is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility-based staff continue to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center (SRMC)is a 133 bed-acute care facility, located in the beautiful city of Fredericksburg, known for its charm, family owned shops, and local restaurants. SRMC is anHCA facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune's 100, making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are endless!
/You/contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professionals like you to be a part of ourPharmacyFamily!
Essential Certified Pharmacy Technician job functions and responsibilities:
* Maintaining patient records.
* Setting up, packaging, and labeling medication doses.
* Filling and dispensing routine orders for stock supplies of patient-care areas.
* Refilling and inventorying automated dispensing machines, maintaining inventories of medication supplies.
* Mixing medications with parenteral fluids.
* Processing medication orders or prescriptions, accurately and safely compounds medications and/or IV admixtures in acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured dosage forms.
* Uses appropriate techniques for storage, preparation, and dispensing of medicinal agents and follows the health system's policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, medication preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and ensuring that EMT boxes and medications for crash carts are stocked, checked, and ready to be dispensed.
* Assist in delivery of medications/requisitions to nursing stations and other hospital departments.
* Performs other duties as assigned or scheduled.
* Completion of a Pharmacy Technician Program (required)
* Associate's Degree (preferred)
* Pharmacy Technician Certification upon employment or within 90 days of employment (required)
* CPhT National Certification (preferred)
* 1 year of Pharmacy Technician experience in a hospital setting, including sterile compounding duties (required)
* 2 years or more of Pharmacy Technician experience in a hospital setting, including sterile compounding duties (preferred)
* Weekend & Holiday Requirements
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: **Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech*
Title: Certified Pharmacy Technician
Location: Virginia-Fredericksburg-Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25325-17441