Patient Care Assistant (PCA), Med/Surg Department
PRN (per diem), FTE .001
University Hospital and Medical Center
University Hospital and Medical Center is a 317-bed acute care hospital offering a wide range of surgical and medical services as well as an academic teaching center for Behavioral Health. Since opening in 1974, we have distinguished ourselves as a leader in breakthroughs to orthopedic care as well as joint replacement. We continue to build on this tradition in our Orthopedic and Spine Institute. Our Center for Behavioral Health offers inpatient and outpatient services and a one-of-a-kind geriatric program. Other specialty services include a Wound Healing Center and Vascular Services, Primary Stroke Center and Women's Center. Our newly renovated family-friendly ER provides expert, compassionate care for patients of all ages and special accommodations for seniors.
We continue a proud tradition of providing high level, personalized care close to home in your local community.
/University Hospital & Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!/
Working under the supervision of a nursing, the Patient Care Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
* Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
* Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
* Assists patients in ambulating.
* Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
* Performs non sterile dressing changes.
* Passes and collects bed pans.
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
* High School Graduate or equivalent required.
* Current BLS HealthCare Provider certification from the American Heart Association
* C.N.A license from the State of Florida
* 1-3 year(s) of Patient Care Assistant / CNA experience preferred.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology
Job: **Nursing Support*
Title: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Medical Surgical
Location: Florida-Tamarac-University Hospital - Broward County
Requisition ID: 01645-5536