Regional Field Software Engineer
HC-Resource Washington, DC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Regional Field Engineer works within the North-East geographic region to provide pre- and post- sales expertise in managed services, and hardware and software solutions.Key Responsibilities:
- Pre-Sales Support:
- Develop territory and regional (multi-site) account plans with the sales account manager, addressing all technical needs.
- Conduct on-site evaluations of systems requirements and business processes at prospective client’s sites in support opening new accounts.
- Design and develop short and long-term solutions for information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems, and application infrastructure.
- Prepare cost estimates by consulting with technical staff, sales manager, architects, and other professional personnel.
- Develop and deliver high-quality product presentations targeting business and technical audiences.
- Build a trusted advisor relationship with potential clients.
- Post-Sales Support:
- Serve as a single technical point of contact for customers within the geographic region.
- Determine improvements by conducting a cost-benefit analysis of equipment, supplies, or service applications in a customer environment.
- Maintain a relationship as a trusted advisor to the client to support improvements in technology and business systems.
- Lead technical teams including client, vendor, and internal experts, to support the implementation of new products.
- Develop customer's staff by providing technical information and training.
- Provide consistent and relevant market, customer, and competitive feedback to sales management, marketing, and engineering.
- Prepare sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information; and engineering and application trends.
- Travel to new and existing customer sites.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by participating in seminars, trade shows, and educational workshops to stay current on new technologies and expand professional networks to support new business opportunities.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; advise the customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising the customer on needed actions.
- Proactive attitude, and a desire to drive to a technical win with customers.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude.
- Comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere with a rapidly expanding customer base.
- 5 to 7 years of technology experience (in managed services or vendor sales for hardware and or software) as a Sales Engineer, Professional Services Engineer, or Software Engineer.
- Able to communicate professionally (speaking, writing, emails, and presentations).
- Expert technical and systems understanding in a business environment.
- Organized and analytical.
- Working knowledge of current IT technologies including virtualization, storage, networking, IT security, cloud technology, and managed services back-up and recovery.
- Familiar with the RFI/RFP process and able to contribute expertise.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Bachelors Degree required. Bachelors of Science Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or other related field is preferred.
- Certification or advanced training experience with the technologies of the following vendors: Cisco, Dell, VMware, Citrix, Juniper, Brocade, IBM, EMC, Quantum is required.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at HC-Resource