Senior Engineer - Electrical
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
HBK Engineering is seeking experienced electrical engineering candidates who have an interest in working in the energy sector.
Since first opening our doors in 1998, HBK Engineering has quickly emerged as a leader in the utility infrastructure space through our experience on smart grid, modernization, resiliency, communications, fiber to the home (FTTH), and microgrid projects. Today, we’re a Quanta Services Company—a team of 43,000 dedicated individuals offering end-to-end solutions for the utility, energy, and construction industries.
Team members at HBK Engineering are committed to designing the future we want to live in, and safety is at the center of everything we do. HBK Engineering offers a professional environment where you’ll work alongside some of the best talent in the industry. We offer excellent benefits, competitive salary, employee resource groups, and a community-focused environment where our staff members believe in giving back. At HBK Engineering, you’ll discover a culture where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion are exemplified by all. Better outcomes are achieved when we bring our authentic selves to work daily.
Our sights are set on the future, and we invite you to rise to the challenge.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Independently apply extensive and diversified knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices to ensure design compliance with relevant specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Use advanced techniques in the modification or extension of theories and practices to address unique and complex civil, electrical, structural, and construction-related challenges.
- Directly oversee a team of up to 12 entry- and mid-level engineering staff, approve timesheets, conduct annual reviews, and work with project management to load balance engineering resources.
- Perform quality control and serve as the engineer of record for designs.
- Work with senior engineering peers to drive department-level process improvements relating to training, quality control, and human capital development.
- Own all phases of the design lifecycle from initiation through construction completion and project closeout.
- Work with project management as the engineering lead on projects to identify and engage all relevant project stakeholders including internal design team, permitting, construction, community members, governance authorities, and client project management to guarantee project success.
- Communicate complex engineering matters to a variety of project stakeholders.
- Independently manage time and schedule to achieve project milestones.
- Prepare detailed estimations and risk management strategies for new opportunities.
- Prepare and review reports and studies meeting client requirements that present technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Perform field walkdowns with internal staff, clients, customers, governance authorities, and construction partners as needed.
- Travel as needed, typically <25%.
- BSEE from ABET accredited institution.
- PE license.
- 7 to 20 years of prior experience working on power systems.
- 3+ years of prior experience serving as the engineer of record on infrastructure and/or utility related designs.
- 3+ years leading engineering teams.
- Knowledge of engineering standards.
- Experience leading diverse, interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong technology skills and an understanding of the Office365 suite of tools.
- Understanding of remote communication software.
- Ability to come up to speed quickly on in-process projects and hit the ground running.
- Experience working within an engineering focused project team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptable to change.
- The persistence to see projects through to completion.
- US driver’s license.
- US work authorization.
- MSEE from ABET accredited institution.
- Experience using CAD-based software.
- Project management, surveying, and/or construction experience.
Pay range: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 annually, commensurate with experience.
The expected compensation range for this position is displayed in compliance with all local/state regulations. The expected compensation range for this position is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, prior work experience and work location. The total annual compensation package will consist of a base salary and the potential to participate in our discretionary annual incentive bonus program.
Comprehensive Benefits Package Available to Full-Time Employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life and AD&D
- Optional Ancillary benefits including but not limited to: Legal, Pet, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Accident and Voluntary Life
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k)/Roth retirement plans with company match
- Paid Sick, Holiday and Vacation time
Background Check and Drug Testing Information
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug screening test from a location specified by HBK.
Powered by JazzHR
HBK Engineering, LLCDenver, CO
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.