Our unique combination of highly trained staff, coupled with award winning technology, allows HBCS to provide superior customer service and accounts receivables management services in partnership with hospitals throughout the country. Enhance your career in the growing healthcare industry by joining our team as a Supervisor of Patient Accounts where you will supervise a team of call center representatives in the collection of hospital receivables and provide superior customer service on behalf of our hospital clients
- Conduct account and inventory audits, notifying management and client hospitals ofaccount and payor discrepancies
- Establish employee productivity goals
- Maintain and update applicable reporting systems
- Interact with HBCS management and client staff to communicate problem payor trends, applicable statistical data, and denial management processes
- Handle personnel actions including performance reviews, disciplinary actions, coaching, training and development
- Enforce industry compliance laws as well as corporate policies, procedures, productivity measures, and reports.
- Minimum Associates Degree (AA) and 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience in a call center environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with healthcare receivables management, billing, customer service or collections in a high-volume call center environment.
- Ability to operate and utilize multiple internal and external collections systems and reporting mechanisms in order to ensure account resolution efficiency.
- Ability to manage escalated calls and disputes, and bring to logical conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with an emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to identify an issue, conduct necessary audits, examine options and provide an effective solution
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems, and audit reports
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Our total compensation package includes:
- Competitive base salary and monthly performance based incentives
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life and disability benefits
- Tuition assistance program
- 401K Retirement savings plan
- Generous paid vacation time allowance
HBCS is a leader in healthcare receivables management, providing electronic billing, insurance follow-up and self-pay recovery services to hospitals and healthcare providers throughout the United States. Our success story is a product of our high-quality staff, and their continuous commitment to demonstrating exceptional customer service while utilizing state-of-the art technology systems. With operating locations in Delaware and Massachusetts, our skilled and dedicated team delivers quality, value-added services to ensure that the goodwill established between our client hospitals and their patients remains steadfast
HBCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer