Do you pride yourself on solving problems, finding solutions and taking care of others?
Are you attentive to customers and take time to really listen to their needs?
If you share our passion for superior customer service and have what it takes to make each patient's experience rewarding, then HBCS is the place for you. When making and receiving calls from patients to complete payment of their hospital bills, it's up to you to deliver the best resolution in a timely, efficient manner, and collect on the account. This means you will have to be a strong listener, empathizer and a think-outside-the-box representative who is able to turn any situation around and guarantee a positive patient experience.
What you'll be doing:
You will use your positive attitude, your caring nature and your top-notch customer service skills to make an impact on that patient's day. Each call is an opportunity to show you've got what it takes to succeed by using sound judgement. Here's how:
- Manage a high volume of in-bound and out-bound calls from patients, hospitals, and insurance carriers to resolve patient accounts and collect payment.
- Research alternate insurance or payment options available while navigating and updating multiple patient accounting systems
- Assess caller status to ensure the protection of patient privacy and compliance with State and Federal guidelines
Who we're looking for:
The best fit for this job is someone who:
- Has previous customer service and/or collections experience.
- Has good computer and multi-tasking skills
- Possesses excellent communication skills – no fear of the phones!
- Can think on your feet. When faced with new challenges, or tough conversations, failure simply isn't an option
- Has the ability to identify an issue, examine options, and provide effective solutions
- Has a high school diploma or equivalent
Why you'll want to join the HBCS team:
- Monthly Performance based Incentives
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Substantial Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off and Paid Company Holidays
- Work-Life Balance: Morning and Evening Shifts available
- Business Casual Dress
What will you learn:
At HBCS, the opportunity for advancement is outstanding! We invest in our team members through training and development to help them reach their career goal and their full potential in the fastest growing career industry – Healthcare!
- We provide on-going interactive training to help you learn and excel at your job.
- We encourage professional growth through HBCS' companywide training and development program.
- We provide constant coaching and feedback to help you develop your skills.
- We offer opportunities to advance in your career and become a team lead, trainer or supervisor.
Who we are:
HBCS is a leader in healthcare receivables management, providing electronic billing, insurance follow-up, and self-pay recovery services to hospitals and healthcare providers throughout the United States. Our success story is a product of our high-quality staff, and their continuous commitment to demonstrating exceptional customer service while utilizing state-of-the-art technology systems. With operating locations in Delaware and Massachusetts, our skilled and dedicated team delivers quality, value-added services to ensure that the goodwill established between our client hospitals and their patients remains steadfast.
HBCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer