We have are soliciting applications for a Preconstruction Director with availability in Albuquerque, El Paso/Las Cruces, West Texas, and Central Texas. As one of the region's fastest growing general contractors, we are actively hiring and developing top-notch talent who share our passion.
The Pre-Construction Director position is a full time salaried position reporting directly to the Executive Vice President. You will be offered a competitive salary, full benefits including healthcare, vision, dental, and a generous retirement plan. Your continued development and success are backed up by our commitment to mentoring and continuous learning.
The Pre-construction Director is responsible for simultaneously managing the delivery of pre-construction services for multiple client projects; ensuring that client satisfaction, preliminary schedules, and cost controls are established and positioned for a successful hand-off to the Project Manager. The Preconstruction Director also provides direct leadership and mentoring to Preconstruction Managers.
- Utilize conceptual cost models to assists clients and architects with preliminary planning.
- Utilize the client’s budget and collaborate with the estimator to establish a scope of work and conceptual budgets with a targeted percentage of margin.
- Apply previous building and systems metrics to effectively analyze a project cost.
- Generate schematic and conceptual estimates.
- Collect the initial sub-contractor bids to support estimates.
- Lead multiple projects through pre-construction activities (award to GMP).
- Participate in client interviews and presentations.
- Ensure complete project understanding by establishing role definition, services definition, and document definitions for the client to limit any misunderstanding.
- Manage both the client and HB construction expectations; ensuring the interdependency of both and negotiating for win-win outcomes.
- Develop and maintain pre-construction activity schedules.
- Manage deliverables from the architects.
- Create the initial high level schedule for client acceptance which can become the foundation for the Project Managers schedule.
- Assist the Project Manager with evaluating and managing sub-contractor proposals.
- Provide input and collaborate with the Project Executive to monitor project schedules and margin results.
- Participate in value engineering processes as a service provider.
- Lead continuous learning activities and quickly integrate lessons learned into subsequent projects.
- Engage, manage and coordinate design team’s involvement in the project on D/B projects.
- Solicit pricing for all elements of the design process on D/B projects.
- Coordinate responsibilities for design thru construction of all project and entitlement related costs, including land and offsite as it applies.
Mentor and Develop Team Members:
- Manage and train team members in the science and practical aspects of estimating/preconstruction.
- Duplicate and train preconstruction processes across emerging regions.
- Proactively plan and provide the appropriate level of resources to support forecasted projects.
- Embrace and support company workforce initiatives that enhance employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Effectively mentor team members, encouraging and supporting their personal development.
- Assign Preconstruction staff to CMAR and Design Build projects.
- Monitor and ensure client satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients, architects, engineers, and sub-contractors.
- Collaborate and maintain a strong partnership with the aligned Project Manager on each of your assigned projects.
- Visit construction sites to interact with the workforce, clients, and stakeholders.
- Monitor and ensure that strong sub-contractor relationships exist.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to solicit referrals from and/or through clients and stakeholders.
- Help and support estimating peers as necessary.
- Participate in post-job reviews and tabulate lessons learned library.