Senior Broadcast Technician
Waltham, MA • 1432 Main St., Waltham, MA, 02451
About HB Communications, Inc.
HB Communications, Inc. began as HB Motion Picture Service in 1946, and has since grown into a multi-pillared company with audiovisual and telecommunications underpinnings, covering education, corporate, military, worship, and other markets. Merging audiovisual and information technologies, HB designs, builds, services, and supports end-to-end solutions for its clientele. HB largely serves the Northeast U.S., is headquartered in North Haven, CT, but supports a customer base that spans the globe.
- Execute exception based and proactive service of broadcast and IT based broadcast systems in a timely fashion.
- Perform component and board level repair of broadcast and IT based broadcast equipment
- Complete complex alignment and test of broadcast and IT based broadcast equipment
- Responsible for service of systems, equipment and project implementation
- Installation and wiring of broadcast and IT based broadcast systems
- Fabrication of interconnect cables, enclosures, consoles and racks
- Provide technical expertise for various systems and equipment.
- Interface with other vendors, suppliers, contractors and others at all levels.
- Will be required to work flexible hours in a 24/7 environment.
- Ability to follow drawings/schematics, troubleshoot systems and equipment, and use small hand tools effectively, including soldering tools.
- Proficient in audio/video technologies, both digital and analog, SD and HD, video and audio compression technology (MPEG, Dolby E, Dolby AC-3, WM9, etc…)
- Working knowledge of data network, data communications, computer operating systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX, etc…)
- VTR/ Studio Camera repairAutoCAD, Visio, MS Project, and MS office suite applications experience
- Familiarity with products to include Evertz, Avid, Grass Valley, Newtech, Adobe, Sony, Panasonic, Apple, JVC, Ross, Data Video, and Hitachi
- Strong Customer Service Background with at least 3-5 years’ experience in field based customer service
- 3-5 years installing and servicing professional broadcast equipment.
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s degree, preferred) in engineering and/or equivalent industry experience.
- Ability to travel between CT, Mass, & NJ offices
HB Communications, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.