- Expired: March 03, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Harris Miller Miller & Hanson Inc. (HMMH) is a trusted leader in the study, assessment, and mitigation of the impacts of new and existing transportation projects on communities. We provide consulting services to government and private sector clients related to aviation, highway, rail, transit, industrial, energy-generation, construction, military, recreational, and entertainment projects.
We have an immediate opening for a Principal Consultant to join our Surface Transportation group based out of our headquarters in Burlington, MA. The position is a hybrid position with our expectation is that the successful candidate will work at least two to three days per week in the office.
This exciting position will help lead to our growing transportation planning and environmental practice. Since our founding in 1981, HMMH has addressed environmental impacts from transportation systems across the country. This position will focus on leading environmental analyses of noise & vibration impacts from rail and highway projects. Assignments will range from managing small local projects to major projects such as those in metropolitan areas across the country. As a national leader in transportation environmental noise and vibration analysis and research you will be involved in some of the most interesting and complex projects.
- Managing noise and vibration analysis tasks.
- Conducting noise analysis using the Federal Highway Administration's (FHWA's) Traffic Noise Model (TNM) and completing railroad noise and vibration analyses implementing FTA and FRA guidelines.
- Using your quantitative data analysis skills to evaluate transportation noise and vibration impacts.
- Developing and proposing noise and vibration abatement strategies.
- Conducting construction noise and vibration impact analyses.
- Preparing reports and technical documents.
- Supervising staff
- Leading and/or supporting the development of project proposals.
- Assisting with marketing and business development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS in a technical field (acoustics, engineering, physics, math, or environmental sciences)
- 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Project management experience
- Experience with TNM and commercial noise modeling software such as SoundPLAN or CadnaA in a consulting environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects effectively
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a project team
Willingness to travel occasionally (up to 15%) for field measurements, conferences, and client meetings
- Experience supervising and/or managing staff
- Knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act and environmental regulatory programs
- Data management and programing experience
- Experience using ArcGIS
- Hybrid/Burlington, MA, USA
HMMH offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and a positive work atmosphere. Our firm offers opportunities for professional development and career growth for dedicated and strong performers. We are a Great Place to Work certified firm, demonstrating our commitment to creating an environment where employees take pride in their work, trust and respect their colleagues, and develop a strong camaraderie across the organization.
HMMH is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. HMMH is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact HR Generalist Jason Rega at 781-852-3103 or jrega @ hmmh.com.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to the following:
"EEO is the Law" Poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
HARRIS MILLER MILLER & HANSON INC.
Get fresh Principal Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.