We are looking for a skilled and organized certified medical assistant to join our healthcare team. Clinical responsibilities include taking medical histories and recording vital signs, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician during examinations.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Certified Medical Assistant or credentialed through the National Registry Exam
- Two years of medical office experience
Personality and Work Traits: Position requires an individual with an enthusiastic and congenial personality that is passionate about working with patients. Interpersonal skills are essential. Superior communication skills are necessary, both verbal and non-verbal. Positive body language. Organizational and multi-tasking skills are required. Must be accurate, detail-orientated, and assertive. Ability to think critically and make independent decisions, which adhere to regulation standards and are in the best interest of the practice, in a fast-paced environment. Skilled in the ability to manage “difficult” patients. Proficient in reading, understanding, and following oral and written instructions in English.
- Greeting the Patient in the Waiting Room, Taking Patient Vitals, Ushering the Patient to the Exam Room, Obtaining Patient Health History, and Interviewing the Patient for the Reason for their Visit.
- Work Closely with the Provider to Input the Entire Visit in the EHR (via Modernizing Medicine on the iPads) including Examination, Diagnosis, Recommendations, as well as Orders and Prescriptions (Certified MAs Only)
- Provide Respectful Patient Care to a Diverse Patient Population with Excellent Communication Skills
- Counsel Patients and Answer their Questions
- Assist in Contacting Patient Regarding Results or Responding to Patient Questions
- Ensuring that We Provide our Patients with a Pleasant and Comfortable Experience
- Clean, Stock, and Organize the Patient Exam Rooms
- Adhere to Any Certification Requirements as Required
- Participate in Workplace Meetings and Responsible for Checking Email for Practice Communication
- Potential to Set Up and Provide Support to Physician for In-Office Procedures
- Secure Patient Information by Maintaining Patient Confidentiality in Accordance with HIPAA Standards
Direct Report: Surgical Coordinator