The Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager will lead and manage all aspects of the Food Quality and drive process improvement efforts to resolve quality issues and addresses facility and production matters. The Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager will also be responsible for training, auditing, problem-solving, providing dispositions, and assuring corrective actions are properly implemented.
- Create, define, and implement quality programs and define processes and procedures for HARIBO of America and its service providers, specifically co-packers, in alignment with our global parent company
- Address and manage all quality complaints related to HARIBO of America, facilitate internal and external
- communications, and drive resolutions
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable food laws, regulations, and/or standards according to regulatory agencies and HARIBO of America’s food and quality standards
- Create and implement quality programs with third parties handling HARIBO products packaged or unpackaged
- Develop and manage the product verification program that will audit and evaluate the quality and food safety of every production batch
- Support process modifications, specification development, and root cause assessment and resolution processes
- Build relationships with suppliers and vendors to create and supervise sanitation and pest control programs
- Devise and maintain documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for machines and systems used for facility and affiliated service providers
- Manage facility inspections, testing, and internal and external auditing programs.
- Participates in quality projects to implement improvements to processes, equipment, and facility maintenance.
- Lead food safety certifications programs to ensure regulatory compliance
- Design sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Ensure USA compliance of imported products with global HARIBO facilities
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor of Science Degree. BA in Food Science and/or Food Technology, Biology, Chemical Engineering, or other science related field
- Seven to ten years’ experience in Quality Assurance or related field in Confectionary or Food Industry required
- Food Safety Certification such as CFSP, ServSafe, and HACCP
- Knowledge of environmental, code, and safety regulations on the Federal, State, and Local levels
- Proven understanding of FDA food regulations, including FSMA and labeling regulations
- Ability to address complex issues in an effective and efficient manner, and with complete discretion; ability to be entrusted with sensitive and confidential information
- Result-driven with excellent judgment, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Strong Proficiency in MS Programs specifically Excel
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for extended periods of time
HARIBO of America, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Employment at HARIBO of America, Inc. is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. HARIBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also HARIBO’s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
HARIBO is committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please contact the location for which you are applying and ask to speak with the human resources representative.