3rd Shift Industrial Electrician
Come join HARIBO of America's first ever North American factory! Located on-site in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, the Industrial Electrician is responsible for wiring, assembling, repairing, testing, and installing electrical components in their assigned area.
Reporting to the Manager of Electrical Engineering, the Industrial Electrician will partner with support functions to identify and resolve unplanned inefficiencies, events, quality, safety, cost and other losses attributed to the area, using problem solving techniques and a continuous improvement mindset. This role must operate in a safe and efficient method to ensure minimal production downtime and maximum adherence to environmental and safety guidelines. This role involves the use of hand and power tools, blueprints, drawing and schematic reading, and knowledge of codes and regulations to perform assigned responsibilities.
The original and iconic HARIBO Goldbears, created in 1922, have delighted kids and grown-ups for 100 years! Our associates are our most valuable asset. At HARIBO of America we are committed to a comprehensive benefit program that helps our employee stay healthy, feel secure, and maintain a positive work life balance. We provide fully paid health insurance premiums, 11 paid Holiday plus Paid Time Off/PTO, competitive 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. Additionally, we offer community involvement opportunities and career growth opportunities.
- Perform electrical work to industry code, including but not limited to: basic transformer and motor wiring, installing and/or mounting electrical components on equipment, applying AC and DC wiring, terminating cables, troubleshooting electrical circuits, layout panels, drilling and taping holes and routing cables back to junction boxes or panels, etc.
- Works with Operators, monitors manufacturing equipment for proper operation, makes adjustments and repairs to optimize machine performance, with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Develops and use procedures and work instructions which will include diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications which will be used for predicting, troubleshooting, preventing, and repairing malfunctions.
- Work with and troubleshoot AB PLC processors and input/output modules.
- Diagnoses root cause of problems and/or failures and associated corrective actions required.
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing safe and productive performance of equipment, both in manufacturing and Facilities.
- A minimum of education generally equivalent to a high school diploma, plus some specialized training.
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant industrial electrician experience.
- Journeyman electrician certification preferred.
- Knowledge of AB PLC processors required (CompactLogix and ControlLogix preferred). Knowledge of Siemens S7 highly desirable.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematic, mechanical drawings and PLC troubleshooting.
- Requires basic mathematical skills to be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, work with percentages, and have basic knowledge of algebra as well as make fine adjustments in equipment settings.
- Ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- Must be flexible with work scheduling as well as overtime.
- Good knowledge of the packaging and/or processing equipment is necessary.
- Requires strong mechanical aptitude.
- Requires the ability to work in confined spaces.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Requires teamwork ability; works well with others and communicates effectively with all associates.
- Requires the ability to train and coach others for success.
What can you expect?
You will be part of a successful family-run company with core values that is growing internationally faster than ever before. We nurture long-term associate relationships, work-life blend, rich learning environment, and a tangible impact in the company's success.
Are you looking to make a meaningful impact with your work? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Are you a people-person with a passion for fixing and maintaining things? Does working in a brand new facility excite you? If the answer is yes, then this is the job for you! Working at HARIBO inspires childlike happiness through the impactful work, dedication, and passion for our brand. Come join our team, where our associates are our greatest asset!
The Happy World of HARIBO is more than a business; we're family. We always have been since our founding in 1920. For the last 100 years, while we've expanded internationally and created over 1,000 confectionery treats, we've known our talented Associates are behind our greatest successes. That's why we're committed to investing in their growth, development, and career opportunities.
At HARIBO, you're empowered to charter your own path with mentoring and support from colleagues throughout the business. We encourage you to try new things, think of possibilities and aim higher - all while having fun delivering moments of childlike happiness to our gummi fans in the U.S.
Our core values and focus on long-term success continue to guide the way we do business every day. Our success story is rooted in our teams, and giving them the autonomy, support and freedom to make the best decisions for our consumers, customers and each other.
We give back to the places where we live and work. We listen to our consumers and get excited about innovation. We encourage diverse schools of thought and nurture inclusivity. We work to inspire joy through sweet treats that are fun to share. Want to know more about us? Please visit Haribo.com.
We'd love to hear more about you.
HARIBO of America, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Employment at HARIBO of America, Inc. is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, including protected veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. HARIBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also HARIBO's policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
HARIBO is committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please contact the location for which you are applying and ask to speak with the human resources representative or email careers-us@Haribo.comShare Apply Apply for this position Required * Apply with Indeed First Name* Last Name* Email Address* Phone* Address Resume* We've received your resume. Click here to update it. Attach resume or Paste resume Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume
Paste your resume here or Attach resume fileHow did you hear about this position?* Do you have three years of electrical experience? And on what type of equipment?* This position requires a High School Diploma for equivalent (GED, HSED). What is your highest level of completed education?* Will you now or anytime in the future require employer sponsorship to legally work in the United States?* -- No answer --YesNo The following questions are entirely optional. To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity and/or Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This information will not be used in connection with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated. Learn more. GenderDecline to answerFemaleMale Race/EthnicityDecline to answerHispanic or LatinoWhite, not Hispanic or LatinoBlack or African-American, not Hispanic or LatinoAsian, not Hispanic or LatinoNative Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, not Hispanic or LatinoAmerican Indian or Alaskan Native, not Hispanic or LatinoTwo or More Races, not Hispanic or Latino Invitation for Job Applicants to Self-Identify as a U.S. Veteran
- A "disabled veteran" is one of the following:
- a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
- a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
- A "recently separated veteran" means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
- An "active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran" means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
- An "Armed forces service medal veteran" means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
HARIBO of AmericaPleasant Prairie, WI
ManufacturingView All HARIBO of America Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.