Nutritionist Assistant I
All About Hamilton Health Center
Hamilton Health Center (Hamilton), established in 1969, is the only Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) within a 30-mile radius of Harrisburg, PA and continues to grow using a holistic and comprehensive approach to being patient centered. The mission of Hamilton is to improve the health of Central Pennsylvania’s residents by delivering high quality, respectful and patient-centered health and related social services that promote access, treatment, education, and prevention regardless of health, economic, or insurance status. Our vision is that every member of our community, regardless of their ability to pay or their insurance status, receives holistic, quality health care needed to create a healthy community. For over 50 years we have been true to these words. As part of our team, you will work alongside a dedicated team that cares and values those we serve.
Benefits offered: In addition to your base pay, you are also eligible to receive:
- Paid time off, Catastrophic (CAT)/Sick time, Birthday holiday, and 7 paid holidays.
- Medical, Dental & Vision,
- Company paid life insurance.
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
Job Summary: The Nutritionist Assistant is responsible for providing nutrition education and breastfeeding support to WIC eligible participants, as well as referrals to other social services organizations. The Nutritionist Assistant will work with the Nutritionists on staff in completing WIC certifications as well as provide clerical support.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
The Call Center Team Lead performs a wide range of duties, including, but not limited to the following:
- Delivers nutrition and breastfeeding education according to nutrition care plan written by the nutritionist; sets appropriate goals if needed or follows up on goal that is set by the nutritionist. Uses guided goal-setting VENA skills.
- Performs all aspects of the participant certification for the nutritionist except for assessment and education.
- Ensures high-risk contacts and formula changes are seen by a Nutritionist.
- Documents contact on the Quick WIC data system and in the chart, ensuring that the chart is organized correctly, and documentation is thorough and accurate.
- Promotes and supports breastfeeding among WIC participants, ensures breast pumps are issued in an appropriate manner and documented cleans pumps when they are returned and calls participants and updates the breast pump log.
- Responsible to ensure that chart organization and documentation are done according to departmental procedures.
- Complies with nutrition education, breastfeeding, and outreach objectives.
- Participates in meetings, in-services, outside training's and conferences as assigned by supervisor.
- Performs anthropocentric measurements and hematological testing, following OSHA regulations and state policy; also, responsible to set up and clean those designated areas.
- Assists in answers phones, calls no-shows, and reschedules appointments, as well as send out reminder cards. May be responsible for check in and check out process as needed, supporting the receptionist area as need demands.
- Assists in agency projects, such as purging files, decorating themed bulletin boards, organizing supplies, and preparing materials that required assembling, such as voucher holders, etc.
- Makes referrals to other social service and other community services both in and outside of HHC services.
- Assist other staff with duties when understaffed to ensure optimal flow and service of the clinic, performing certifications, formula changes etc. as directed by management, regardless of appointment schedule to meet the needs of WIC participants.
- Attends WIC Satellite clinics as assigned
- Performs all duties necessary to ensure smooth clinic flow and delivery of benefits to participants.
- Drives satellite clinic van when needed.
- Reports problems experience at the satellite clinic to the Director/Team Lead or state agency as needed.
- Assures security of WIC Vouchers and equipment at the site.
- Attends meetings, in-services, training's, and conferences as assigned by the WIC Director.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Certifications: High School diploma or equivalent, required. Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
Minimum Work Experience: Minimum of one year experience working in customer service support. Experience in nutrition-related field preferred.
Other Requirements: Reliable transportation to travel throughout the service area. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.
This job description is a general outline of duties performed and is not to be misconstrued as encompassing all duties performed within the position. All individuals (including current employees) selected for a position will undergo a background check appropriate for the position's responsibilities.
HAMILTON HEALTH CENTER INCHarrisburg, PA
HealthcareView All HAMILTON HEALTH CENTER INC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.