- Expired: January 14, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a leading Residential Treatment Center in the Greater Richmond area, Hallmark Youthcare treats adolescents with emotional and behavioral issues triggered by trauma. Treatment is provided in a warm and friendly environment by a group of well-trained, highly motivated staff that takes pride in delivering quality care.
We are currently accepting applications for Youth Counselors with a strong desire to work with a team of committed clinicians to create a safe and fun place for our residents to heal.
Pay: $15-$17 Hourly
As a Youth Counselor you will:
- Work with a team to supervise a group of 7 to 10 boy and girl adolescents (residents) dealing with behavioral and mental health issues
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of residents; ensure their living environment is secure
- Engage with residents as needed as a mentor, education assistant, activity and group leader
- Actively engage residents in scheduled program activities
- Providing support to residents
- Organizing group activities including sports and recreation
- Meeting with young people to identify and discuss their problems
- Capable of problem-solving with the residents
- Be able to physically and emotionally engage with residents
- Capable of continuously monitoring the safety of residents and intervening as needed
- Able to de-escalate situations of conflict and intervene as trained in crisis situations
- Writing reports and progress/treatment notes of observations and engagements with residents
- Mentoring and being a role-model for social development
- Experience working with children preferred, NOT REQUIRED
- Willing to undergo a background check and drug screening in accordance with local laws and regulations
- Mature individuals who demonstrate authority with caring and respect for the dignity of young people
- Vaccinated/Willing to be vaccinated against COVID-19
Hallmark Youthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
PLEASE NOTE: Hallmark Youthcare complies with the CMS Omnibus COVID-19 Health Care Staff Vaccination Requirement. COVID-19 Vaccination is required for this position.
HALLMARK YOUTHCARE RICHMOND INC
Get fresh Residential Youth Counselor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.