HAI Group Cheshire, CT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
HAI Group® is the nation’s leading property-casualty insurance company founded by and dedicated to affordable housing. While we are recognized as a pioneer of affordable housing insurance programs, insurance is not our only strength. We protect, preserve, and promote the sustainability of affordable housing with an array of products and services that support the challenges housing organizations face. Besides insurance, we offer research, advocacy, and online training that is relied on by more than 1,500 housing organizations nationwide. Headquartered in Cheshire, Connecticut, HAI Group® was recognized as a Top Workplace in 2020.
HAI Group contributes to a culture that creates a safe and healthy working environment and a space of inclusiveness and belonging for all by: exceeding our customers’ expectations, working collaboratively across the organization, embracing diversity, and demonstrating mutual respect.
The Underwriting department evaluates the risk of all current or prospective public and affordable housing properties and operations eligible for insurance coverage. The department fully analyzes risk and exposures and then prices the account based upon established underwriting guidelines and strategic rating plans. The underwriting team’s role also includes CAT exposure analysis, coverage evaluation, price negotiation, program profitability, market conditions, reinsurance requirements and policy reviews.
Responsible for multi-line underwriting with a focus on larger and more complex accounts. Functions include: underwriting / pricing new and renewal policies, coordinating policy services, liaison with outside vendors, providing insurance & agency services, program management and marketing support.
HAI Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supplemental Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Weekends Off
- Holidays Off
- 401K Plan
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Career Development & Growth
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Volunteer Days
- Team Building Activities
- Hands On Training
The purpose of this Notice of Collection of Personal Information (“Notice”) is to inform you about HAI Group’s collection of your personal information and the specific categories of personal information collected, as well as the purpose for which these categories of personal information will be used.
TYPES OF CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
Specifically, we may collect the following types and categories of personal information from you:
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
D. Professional or employment-related information.
Current or past job history or performance evaluations.
E. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
F. Internet or other similar network activity.
Browsing and search history while connected to the HAI Group network.
G. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We will not collect any other types or categories of personal information other than as set forth in this Notice. If we intend to collect additional types or categories of personal information, we will provide you with a new notice at the time of collection.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE USED
We will use the personal information collected from you for purposes of employment decisions, payroll and benefits administration, wellness programs, as well as, provision of health, dental and vision insurance.
We do not sell any of your personal information.
If we use your information for any other purpose, other than as set forth in this Notice, we will notify you of such changes in our practices, and, obtain express consent to use your information for the new purpose(s).
- Advanced knowledge of P & C commercial lines products (Property, General Liability and Auto), coverage forms, rating plans, complex risk evaluation, agency operations and program management.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all internal and external business partners.
- The ability to develop, understand, manipulate and interpret statistical information.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments.
- Works effectively within assigned authority level to achieve strategic and organizational goals.
- Interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Effectively negotiates and communicates challenging underwriting decisions to our internal and external business partners.
- Creative problem solver; innovative mindset.
- Self-motivated; works independently.
- Critical/ analytical thinker.
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- Minimum 5 years of commercial lines underwriting experience (Property, GL, Auto), required.
- Experience working with agents/brokers and strong understanding of facultative reinsurance placements.
- Knowledge and experience in organizing and leading team meetings.
- Understanding of public and affordable housing operations.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- CPCU or other industry designations, preferred.
- Agents License, preferred.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at HAI Group