Director Of Development at HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF KITSAP COUNTY
The development director is responsible for the organization’s fundraising efforts and works to build & maintain relationships, securing philanthropic support to help execute the mission statement, and guides Habitat for Humanity of Kitsap County to achieve its charitable goals. The development director will also assist the CEO and Board of Directors in creating a fund development plan for the affiliate.
*This position is 90% work from home.
- Execute the fund development plan.
- Organizes and implements fundraising opportunities and events for organization.
- Implement, track, and follow up on annual, sponsorships, planned giving, other giving campaigns, and other department initiatives.
- Develop new revenue channels and relationships to attain and cultivate donors, grants, key corporate and community partnerships and volunteers as well as support successful campaigns, events and drives to meet/exceed annual development goal.
- Design, oversee, and grow individual giving program and corporate sponsorships.
- Oversee grants program and see that standards of excellence are maintained.
- Ensure annual fundraising goals are met.
- Provide support and guidance to the Board of Directors.
- Organize, enhance and maintain accurate and effective fundraising database (Little Green Light)
- Help build and keep fund development policies & procedures up to date to ensure best practices are followed.
- Bring a passion and commitment to building community relationships, act as face of the organization when the CEO is not available.
- The person in this role is responsible for the oversight, planning and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program that secures the significant financial resources from individuals, foundations, corporations and others to support Habitat for Humanity of Kitsap County’s strategic plan.
- Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or the liberal arts.
● At least five (5) years’ fundraising/development experience.
● Management experience, including the ability to motivate, leads, set objectives and manage the performance of a board of directors or volunteers.
● Ability to foster an environment of creativity and professional growth.
● Expert knowledge of current and evolving trends in major-gifts giving and solicitation and fundraising campaigns.
● Proven success in asking for and closing major gifts.
● Building and maintaining long-term relationships with major individual donors, foundations and corporations.
● Proven success in writing and securing grants.
● Working and effective understanding of the basics of charitable gift planning.
● Knowledge of more advanced gift planning concepts is a plus.
● Business planning experience a plus.
Physical Demands: This job requires the employee to stand, stoop, bend, climb stairs, and lift up to 20lbs. The position requires fine motor skill of typing, writing, filing and visual acuity. This position requires the ability to speak clearly and understandably.
Work Environment: Working conditions consist of a regular office environment for all functions of the job. 10% of time may be allocated for local travel to/from member organizations, individual donors, board members, or funders as part of this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $35.00 - $40.00 per hour
Benefits package to include generous vacation/sick leave, 100% paid employee medical/dental/vision insurance, short/long term disability, life insurance, retirement account with matching.
Ability to commute:
- 3581 Wheaton Way, Bremerton, WA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Fundraising: 3 years (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Bremerton, WA 98310
Statement of Commitment on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Habitat for Humanity of Kitsap County, we build hope for all by tearing down barriers to affordable housing. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is unwavering.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. E.O.E
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.We are looking forward to reading your application.
Available shifts and compensation: Available shifts on Sundays and Saturdays. Compensation depends on your experience.
About HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF KITSAP COUNTY: HABITAT FOR HUMANITY is looking for an individual to join our team. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, motivated and trustworthy. Learn more about us at www.kitsaphabitat.org.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.
HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF KITSAP COUNTYBremerton, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.