Admin Specialist IV
- Expired: December 06, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is in the High Threat Programs (HTP) Directorate in the Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS). The incumbent will be responsible for assisting the delivery, assessment, and resolution of major managerial and operational issues, which require action by the Deputy Assistant Secretary (DAS) and Office Director level positions. Collects, analyzes, and defines data requirements and specifications for the HTP Front Office and Directorate.
Makes recommendations to improve and streamline procedures and processes. Uses database management, project management and other management tools to monitor project activities. Prepare a variety of memoranda, briefing documents, status reports and letters. Initiates and/or conducts a variety of special projects or studies requiring compilation of statistical, interpretive, and basic information. Have thorough understanding of DOS policies and procedures, national security, foreign policy, public diplomacy, and foreign affairs.
- Provide direct and detailed administrative support to the Deputy Assistant Secretary
- Coordinate with HTP Regional Directors to facilitate communication between the DAS and Regional Security Officers
- Manage HTP personnel overseas/domestic travel plans to include authorizations, vouchers, visas, and agenda coordination with Desk Officers reaching out to Post
- Provide Front Office coverage in lieu of absence of Special Assistant(s)
- Manage meeting arrangements with senior Department of State (DOS) officials, other non- DOS parties, Inter-Agency parties and ensure location or telecommunication capability is available
- Review DS Liaisons memorandums of understating (MOU) with the different Department of Defense (DoD) Global Combatant Commands (GCC) to ensure ongoing support of these positions
- Provide detailed administrative support, to include maintenance of various administrative reports, and review of daily correspondence and key items that directly impact appropriate staff in internal and external offices. Collect proper materials, reports or agendas prior to any meetings/briefings
- Perform other duties and complete special projects as may be assigned and directed bythe DAS and/or HTP senior management.
- Coordinate routine correspondence with all Regional Directors (RD), Desk Officers (DO) and other DS Directorates and DOS executive staffers, ensuring correct punctuation,
- capitalization, spelling, grammar, and conformance to style in accurate; finalize division documents, ensure all tabs, cover pages, etc., are in the proper configuration, secure the appropriate signature, and deliver to appropriate addressee and locations
- Assist in High Threat High Risk (HTHR) Post evacuations within an administrative function varying in fast-paced reporting and information passing to executive leadership and the DS Command Center
- Track and maintain task force rosters related to any HTHR Post evacuations
- Receive, review, format and disseminate DS Directorate tasks to include travel requests, press guidance, Weekly Activity Reports, Post Staffing Numbers, Posts of Concern, Deputies Committee and Counterterrorism Security Group Bullet Points
- Provide administrative support for reports, briefing presentations and special projects
- Assist in preparation of staff papers, policy directives, and information memoranda to be used by Department Principals
- Proofread outgoing routine items to ensure compliance with format guidelines and make edits to bring them into compliance as necessary
- Coordinate administrative support between the DS Directorates and DS/HTP Offices
- Utilizes database management, project management and other management processes to keep track of project activities, inquiries and request and maintain status through completion
- Provide direct support and planning for all DS/HTP International workshops / conferences
- Manage distribution of the Directorate's temporary parking passes on the SharePoint log
- Collect and process time and attendance to include leave, overtime and premium compensation requests
- Maintain and organize time and attendance files for tracking/historical record in anticipation of OIG inspections or audits
- Coordinate Law Enforcement Availability Pay (LEAP) and general payroll-related policies/standards; work with the Bureau of the Comptroller and Global Finance to resolve discrepancies
- Maintain and track Foreign Service assignment bids on SharePoint
- Oversee, process, track and disseminate all Post Temporary Duty (TDY) staff requests
- Coordinate with each regional team to ensure the TDY matrix is accurate to reflect Post necessities
- Administrative manager and point of contact for both directorate conference rooms
- Create and maintain the Protective Security officer roster in coordination with directorate staffing
- Coordinate with the Domestic Operations (DO) directorate on manpower requests for protective security details
- Process Danger Pay and Post Differential Allowances
- Assist with coordination and management of any Directorate special projects
- Be responsible for training administrative services personnel and assisting in developing administrative processes and procedures directorate staff.
- Coordinate any purchase requests or equipment issues with the Purchase Card Holder/Unit Security Officer.
Minimum Education / Qualifications
- US Citizenship
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution or a minimum of one to three (1-3) years administrative experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience and capabilities working with varying types of database software
- Possess a willingness to learn specific program requirements of the position
- Reliability, flexibility, maturity, and the ability to interact with all levels of personnel and departments within Department of State
- Attention to detail, strong follow-through skills, and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
- Familiarity with foreign affairs Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with superiors, colleagues, business professionals, and the public
- Excellent interpersonal skills working with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Experience drafting and editing professional reports and documents for senior officials
- Possess strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high-volume work environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines and handle pressure situations is a must
- Possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently on projects and issues within established policy
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a US Government Security Investigation - Secret Level.
H4 Enterprises, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Working at H4
Working at H4 means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, H4 employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. We can only solve the toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. H4 does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA. Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process.
Get fresh Admin Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.