At H3X, we are building the most advanced electric propulsion systems in the world to enable sustainable aviation. At >10 kW/kg power density, the HPDM family of integrated motor drives is a step change in electric propulsion technology and removes one of the main barriers blocking widespread proliferation of electric aircraft. We have several power classes of motors ranging from 30kW to 3MW and are selling to markets of aviation, aerospace and defense, marine, and specialized ground vehicles.
We are looking to hire a R&D Technician who will assist in the manufacturing of prototype electric drive systems and facilitate testing. You should be experienced with standard mechanical system assembly and troubleshooting hardware. You will be a key part of the core engineering team and will have a direct impact on the trajectory of the company.
- R&D MANUFACTURING
- Assemble prototype motor drive systems
- Coordinate with manufacturing & design engineers regarding assembly processes and issues for first articles
- R&D TESTING
- Perform in-house dynamometer testing
- Coordinate & prepare for external testing
- High intelligence, high energy, and high integrity
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical system experience in the following areas:
- Epoxy application
- Component fabrication
- Wiring harness manufacturing
- Proficiency in comprehending and improving manufacturing processes
- Able to troubleshoot assembly issues
- Able to conceptualize assembly processes from CAD models
- Excellent written and verbal communicator to effectively share knowledge and build the collective mindshare of the company
- Organized and obsessive attention to detail: no room for oversight when making flight critical systems
- Humble and open-minded: willingness to accept feedback, learn, and consistently improve upon yourself and the products for which you will be responsible
- A high degree of emotional intelligence: ability to collaborate closely with coworkers in a respectful and empathetic manner
- Fundamentally curious and motivated my first principles
- This position requires access to CUI/ITAR/EAR controlled information.
- Experience assembling flight qualified aerospace parts
- Experience with the following skillsets: Brazing, Soldering, Milling, Turning, Epoxy encapsulation
- Experience with PCB assembly and wire harnessing
- Experience developing novel manufacturing processes
- Experience with GD&T standards (e.g. ASME Y14.5)
- Experience with AS9100 supply chain practices
- Experience with tool calibration processes
- Associates or technical trade degree
PAY RANGE: $22-40/hour USD
- Employee equity incentive plan
- Flexible hours (deliverable-based goals)
- Flexible-time off (just need manager approval)
- Health insurance: Medical, vision, and dental
- Mental health coverage
- Relocation package
- Epic/ICON Ski & Snowboard Pass provided
- Stipend for gym membership
- Company laptop
- Weekly company happy hours
H3X Technologies is a U.S.-based manufacturer of high power density integrated motor drives for electric aircraft and other high-performance applications. We are a team of multidisciplinary engineers and operators brought together with the singular purpose of developing the most advanced electric aircraft propulsion systems in the world to enable sustainable aviation on a massive scale. Our world-class team is composed of the best and brightest from Tesla, SpaceX, GE Aviation, and Siemens with deep knowledge in aerospace, electric machines, power electronics, material science, control systems, and advanced manufacturing. The high performance of our core technology is made possible by our own proprietary manufacturing processes for motor stacking, winding, and assembly, and all of the design and testing for our products is done in-house. Our headquarters facility is in Lakewood, Colorado and in 2023, we will unveil a new production facility that will also be located in the greater Denver area. Our vision is to become the world’s leading supplier of aviation-grade electric propulsion systems by 2030.
H3X is a venture-capital backed startup company. We are well-funded and have backing from top VC firms around the world including Y Combinator, Metaplanet, TechNexus, Liquid 2 Ventures, and Soma Capital to deploy capital for rapid scaleup. We're looking for top 1% candidates who are the best in their field and know how to move fast and get things done.
H3X is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.H3X is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate
Powered by JazzHR
H3X TechnologiesDenver, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.