H2M Architects + Engineers, a multidiscipline architectural, engineering, environmental consulting firm with offices in NY and NJ seeks a Forensic Electrical Engineer to join our Parsippany, NJ office.
- Performs forensic investigations, including fire origin and cause investigations, to identify the cause and origin of incidents that lead to failures, damages or defects in the electrical fields, supplies, systems, components, equipment and appliances within industrial, commercial and residential locations.
- Provides electrical engineering expertise to insurance, residential, commercial and legal clients.
- Analyzes fires involving various types of electrical equipment and wiring systems
- Performs onsite inspections to determine cause of equipment and product defects or failure.
- Documents as-built conditions and damage to residential, commercial, and industrial electrical systems and develop a scope of repair/replacement.
- Communicates with clients and provides detailed findings.
- Manages multiple project assignments and executes them on time and within budget.
- May inspect and assess damage to electrical equipment, due to natural catastrophes, such as floods and hurricanes.
- Retention and development of client relationships.
- Willing to travel, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited program.
- Licensed P.E. in New Jersey or New York and possesses the ability to obtain NAFI- CFEI
- 5+ years Electrical Engineering experience, preferably in the forensic and fire investigation field.
- Skills in analyzing, interpreting, synthesizing, prioritizing, and reporting pertinent information, discerning the essential from the non-essential, and grasping complexities of unusual or complicated cases; research and investigative abilities.
- Moderate travel and/or field work (valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle required).Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors.
- Able to work with managers to address technically complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and respond to client needs efficiently.
- Experience with insurance companies, expert testimony and consulting engineering a plus.
We offer a comprehensive benefit package including medical/dental/vision insurance with HSA & FSA, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with matching contributions, a flexible work environment, annual bonus, tuition reimbursement, excellent professional development program AND MUCH MORE!
At H2M, our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we’re always seeking new talent to join our team. Whether you’re a college student or a seasoned professional, we offer career opportunities at every level, in areas ranging from architecture to administration.
We’re passionate about our work, dedicated to our clients, and committed to our legacy. We emphasize collaboration and community involvement and promote sustainability in our practice, ensuring that the right projects are developed with minimal impact on the environment. Our integrated approach to design incorporates the diverse voices and visions of our staff into every project. Through mentoring, peer reviews, and professional development opportunities, employees at every level are offered the opportunity to share best practices and gain new experiences.
Since our early roots, our focus has remained steadfast: to provide quality service with sound judgment and to serve as an honest professional resource to our clients. With a dedicated, responsive staff and multiple service offerings under one roof, we blend “can-do” with “can-be,” developing real, workable solutions with a dose of innovation. Our diverse in-house expertise reduces the need for sub-consultants and ensures that our architects and engineers develop a comprehensive understanding of every project.
Providing solutions to a wide variety of markets, H2M brings the combined expertise of architectural design and building systems engineering to make your project a reality. With in-house MEP and structural teams, we’re able to take a holistic approach to project design that combines a practical approach with creative results.