H.F. Lenz Company has an opportunity for an Electrical Project Engineer in the Harrisburg, PA area to help lead the building system design, engineering solutions and project delivery for a diverse portfolio of projects and clients in the commercial and higher educational market segments. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of electrical design, including low to medium voltage power systems, lighting design, power distribution, telecom and life safety systems.
Why H.F. Lenz:
EMPLOYEES are #1…Our resources are devoted to our biggest and most important asset – our employees!
STABILITY…Our employee-centric focus is just one reason our average employee tenure is more than 15 years. We attract AND retain top talent!
CULTURE…HFL provides a culture designed for your to thrive!
INDUSTRY EXPERTISE…in business for more than 70 years, we are an ENR Top 100 Engineering & Design firm with over 45 licensed PE's, an 85% repeat business ratio and clients that span the nation.
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT…Here at HFL, individual talents are recognized and developed, creating diversity in all facets of engineering design and project management.
WELLNESS…We offer an industry leading benefits and compensation package that includes healthcare, paid time off, 401(k) retirement, discretionary contributions, relocation assistance, bonuses and professional development opportunities.
LOCATION…Our offices offer the best of both worlds! Enjoy the benefits of working for a nationally recognized firm, while maintaining a supportive family culture focused on collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Manage projects and design of electrical systems, including low-medium voltage power, lighting, distribution systems, telecom, fire alarm and security systems.
- Perform load calculations, site visits, surveys/studies, reports and commissioning in support of electrical design for commercial building, educational and government facilities.
- Collaborate with engineering team members in cross-functional setting and collaborate to ensure that the design is accurate and that contract responsibilities are met according to client's expectations.
- Review and interpret NEC codes, client specifications, as well as help improve and maintain current quality assurance processes.
- Coordinate with equipment vendors for selection and specification of appropriate equipment.
- Directly interface with clients and prospective clients for engineering and design consultations.
- Travel to local project sites may be required; some overnight travel may be expected.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Revit software applications
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Must be able to meet project deadlines and provide outstanding service to clients
- Must have the ability to work in and foster a team environment with minimal supervision.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering with an Electrical focus
- 8+ years of experience working as an MEP engineering consultant in Electrical Building Systems design, Lighting design and low-medium voltage power systems
- Must have demonstrated experience in project management and business development.
- Must have a PE license
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
We offer a competitive salary, a benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match and discretionary contribution, End of Year Incentives, paid vacation, sick time, paid holidays, company paid life, STD and LTD and more!
H.F. Lenz is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.