Are you a HVAC and Plumbing Technician who enjoys teaching, coaching and mentoring others in the Trade? Do you take pride in your work? Are you trustworthy and respectful?
MOST IMPORTANTLY, ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE & OPPORTUNITY OF WORKING FOR THE BEST HVAC, PLUMBING & ELECTRICAL COMPANY IN TOWN?!
If so, please apply for this training position today!
HC Blake is looking for a very experienced Lead/Trainer/Mentor/Coach that may have reached that point where they want to be paid for their knowledge.
The Trades Instructor will teach, mentor, support, monitor and measure the progress of our HVAC and Plumbing technicians in our ongoing technical training program. They will be fully engaged in the design of the program, as well as make suggestions on improving work procedures, participate in the recruitment and interview process to identify new technicians and promote positive good will on behalf of our company to customers and employees alike, while representing the company core values.
The goals of our training program include:
- Facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills and competencies in an effective and appealing manner;
- Enhance the skills of existing and newly hired HVAC and Plumbing technicians as we continue to deliver on our customer promise to provide the highest levels of comfort service and value;
- Provide a personalized skills and career development path for our technicians;
- Allow the company to introduce and support new products and services as needed.
- Craft and deliver lesson plans, training modules, skill practice sessions, quizzes and tests;
- Coordinate and perform ride-along training;
- Identify trainee technical/communication weaknesses and provide support and solutions; hold trainees to a high level of accountability;
- Continually evaluate procedures to monitor and analyze training effectiveness and update curriculum as needed;
- Consult with management to assess training needs; design, develop, implement and deliver technical training programs for varying levels of employees to meet those needs;
- Coordinate training schedule with the hiring and training demands of the Company;
- Conduct training sessions covering specific areas as on-the-job training, refresher training, etc.;
- Monitor the progress of each employee under guidance using appropriate metrics.
Skills and Qualifications
- Required initiative, motivation, creativity and ability to understand many areas of expertise;
- Ability to assess needs related to our practices and procedures and produce training programs and materials to target those needs;
- Leadership skills to effectively direct employees while in a training environment;
- The ability to effectively present information and responds to questions from management, trainees, other team members and customers;
- Ability to communicate professionally with all levels of the company;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary to produce and deliver quality training programs;
- Ability to function independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a team;
- Must possess the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems and resolve issues;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills to audiences of different skill levels and age ranges;
- Experience in facilitating product and technical training;
- Proven track record of training/teaching ability, and success in service/customer service businesses;
- Knowledge of Windows, PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
- 3 – 5 years of experience in residential or commercial HVAC and Plumbing install, maintenance and repair.
· WHATEVER IT TAKES ATTITUDE - This is not an 8:00 am to 5:00 pm career. Our workday ends when all customers are taken care of. We must do whatever it takes to make our customers say “Wow!"
Please contact HC Blake at 256-534-0781 to speak with someone regarding this position.