- Posted: 4 days ago
- $45,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemicals across all industries throughout the world. While our products are virtually invisible, they play a vital role in ensuring the quality of modern life and we are committed to connecting what matters to solve some of the world's biggest adhesion challenges.
The Lab Tech II position will fill three major gaps for R&D and Technical service.
First, the Lab Tech II position will support the Liquid Ceramic and Reactive teams. This position will provide product support, test/implement raw material qualifications and substitutions, and assist with product development. This role will allow the more senior scientists to concentrate on the Innovation pipeline developing next generation products and conducting customer trials. The team will struggle to meet their goals as well as keep up with raw material discontinuations without this added support. The Lab Tech II will also provide back up for the team during PTO or while the scientists are travelling.
Second, the Lab Tech II position will support the customer test requests that come in from the field. Currently, due to the current workload, these projects fall down the priority list. This role would allow the team to complete the testing and provide results/reports to the customer more quickly.
Third, the Lab Tech II position will fill a need within the Technical Service group for claims testing. This role would work closely with Heather to provide timely test results for customer claims.
Claims Testing Responsibilities:
1. Test product to determine whether it is within spec
2. Examine samples and determine if a contaminant is present and if so, what contaminant. This might require submitting testing to the Willow Lake laboratory
3. Provide written explanation of test results to technical
4. Determine if a product is HB Fuller product or a competitor by knowing and examining tracers
To have a successful year, this role is vital to both the R&D and the Technical Service teams.
The Lab Technican II must be able to perform various tests and procedures with competency. Must be able to work without continuous supervision. Must show continued enthusiasm and initiative. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing. Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to determine the chemical and physical properties of materials meet required formula standards
- Maintain a laboratory notebook according to company standards.
- Enter formulas and technical data into the technical information system.
- Support operations to facilitate scale-up and efficient production of developed technologies.
- Fulfill responsibilities as required by EHS and Quality System requirements.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner.
At H.B. Fuller, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal employment opportunity. We subscribe to the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) policy of employing and promoting individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship status, or any other protected classification.
800 E. Anaheim St.Los Angeles, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?