H.A.S., Inc. is a company who supports developmentally disabled adults.
We are looking for responsible, caring, and compassionate direct support professionals (DSP) to join our growing team. The ideal job candidate will be highly dependable and have a passion for helping those with physical and/or mental disabilities live a more fulfilled and happy life. Working one-on-one with each client, you will assess his/her needs and tend to them accordingly with the goal of fostering a positive, encouraging environment.
Direct Support Professional Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a personal companion to your clients and act as a supportive friend serving their needs and working to build their independence
- Encourage and foster individuals’ preferred hobbies and interests
- Assist with and work to strengthen the individuals’ many daily living needs including but not limited to: nutrition, hygiene, exercise, communication and socialization skills
- Help individuals to bathe, groom and dress, eat and drink if necessary, always working to improve self-reliance
- Create daily schedules and plans for clients
- Help set individual goals and track client progress, noting any drastic changes; report findings to superiors
- Make phone calls and drive clients to appointments, meetings, events, etc.
- Encourage individual skill development and work towards community integration
- Develop meaningful relationships and connections with your clients to make them feel cared for and included in the community
- Follow all health and safety protocol
- Help clean and tidy home for the individuals
- Attend continued education courses, training and get further certified as the job requires
Direct Support Professional Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Carry Auto Liability Insurance
- Own, reliable transportation
- Pass state background check (dependent on state requirements)
- Comfortable working independently and can consistently make good judgement that benefit the client
- A friendly disposition with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Computer literate and technologically savvy
- Experience tracking and recording information
- Enjoys working with developmentally disabled individuals to improve their quality of life
- Can quickly manage stressful situations responsibly and effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills and passionate about helping those in need
- Ability to move and stand for prolonged periods and frequently perform physically demanding tasks
- 18 Years or Older
Similar Job Titles
- Direct support worker
- Personal care aide
- Social and human service assistant
- Direct Care
H.A.S. Inc. Supported Living Services- Disability Services Idaho Falls
Why Work Here?H.A.S., Inc. has been providing services for individuals with developmental disabilities within the southeastern Idaho area for over a decade. We ensure our services will assist the participant in developing necessary life skills to eventually function and live on their own. We provide specified training in relation to the client's specific needs in order to achieve their goal of becoming independent.
Rewarding experience, great benefits, and room for growth!