Plant Manager- Beverage Manufacturing Plant
H.A. Rider and Sons Watsonville, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $28 to $38 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision
The Plant Supervisor directs, leading, controlling, staffing, coordinating and taking part in the safe and efficient operation of a bilingual crew. The Plant Supervisor ensures the manufacture of quality products according to customer and company requirements. We expect first Aid training and HACCP certification as part of this position. If you do not have these qualifications, we will provide training at our expense.
- Manage more than 60 people, including quality control assistance, line workers, equipment operators and cleaning crew.
- Oversee and make recommendations for employee hiring, training and development, department layout, maintenance activities, and safety. Responsible for monthly safety meetings and disciplinary actions.
- Control all labor and material to meet plan. Responsible for departmental monthly inventories: finished goods, work in process, and raw materials.
- Maintain production schedule and supervise execution and ordering of the daily production schedule; advise management if scheduled production is impossible.
- Work toward having a continuous work flow with no work stoppages. Eliminate waste and non-value added movements.
- Assure proper reporting of time, counts, and downtime by personnel.
- Maintain effective communication with all employees at all times.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and enforce company/operation policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Resolve personnel problems by investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action.
- Able to communicate with customers and explain production processes.
- Accountable for completing written employee appraisals in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensure all product manufactured is to specification and meets or exceeds customer requirements and quality standards. Integrate quality control into the production to eliminate re-work.
- Ensure the accurate completion of daily production reports, including ingredients used, hourly checks to ensure specification compliance and finished product produced.
- Ensure all equipment and machinery within the department is properly maintained, set up and is operating at maximum efficiency.
- Propose and implement continuous improvement ideas, as well as solicit and implement improvement ideas from employees.
- Calibrate lab equipment for QC reporting and participation in daily QC activities
- Leads annual review training for GMP and hazmat
- Monitor safety conditions in production areas in order to eliminate risk to personnel, products, and property. Evaluate machinery for appropriate safeguards.
- Make recommendations for the purchase of equipment and upgrading of existing equipment.
- Make recommendations regarding manpower, methods, and machinery, and continually review all possibilities of cost reduction in these areas, including cost justification for equipment and layout.
- Review current suppliers and make recommendations with the appropriate personnel.
- Maintain strict compliance with all EPA, OSHA, federal, state, and local regulations.
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience in a manufacturing setting, with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
- Experience with managing processes, process improvements, and production planning
- Demonstrated oral and written language fluency in English and Spanish. Must be computer literate.
- High mechanical aptitude is a plus
- Ability to read rulers and various gauges.
Work outside of a standard 8-hour work day is often required. Additionally, the Plant Supervisor must be flexible and able to work on any given assignment and on any given shift when requested to do so.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
While performing duties in a manufacturing facility, the employee may be intermittently exposed to fumes, dust, heat and humidity. Noise levels in the manufacturing facility are usually moderate, but high in some areas. This job requires continuous standing or walking and frequent lifting and bending. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
H.A. Rider and SonsWhy Work Here?
Long established family business with possibility of full time employment with benefits
We're a juice co-packing company that produces over 400 SKUs for 50 different customers. After production we ship out all product made via semi trucks, LTL trucks and UPS
ManufacturingView all jobs at H.A. Rider and Sons