ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Duties include, but are not limited to overseeing the delivery of project scheduling services, providing timely and reliable project controls information and assuring consistent implementation of project scheduling polices, standards and procedures.
- Must have the ability to identify areas of increasing schedule risk, and assist in building risk mitigation plans.
- Interact with contractors and consultants to convey milestone requirements and obtain progress information.
- Maintains awareness of new industry processes and systems related to project scheduling, and recommends appropriate changes to the Division Vice President
- Maintains and updates all scheduling processes and systems to ensure consistency among the Project Teams.
- Participates in lessons learned sessions on all assigned projects to review scheduling issues.
- Evaluates technical and statistical data, analyzes and interprets results, prepares various reports, and maintains the Project Scheduling database.
- Assumes full accountability of project schedule performance.
- Familiarity with best management practices for project scheduling and cost control.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with a reasonable level of supervision.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in a team environment. Excellent organizational skills. Must be proficient in the use and application of Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point,
- Extensive knowledge of Primavera P6 scheduling software.
- Ability to us MS Project and other scheduling software.
- Develops policies and procedures to improve the adequacy and efficiency of the planning and scheduling activities.
- Provides project management consultation on factors affecting the timely completion of projects.
- Performs special analysis for manpower loading and for performance progress.
- Frequent contact with clients and upper level management.
- Analyzes drawings, specifications, and statements of work in the preparation of networks for project planning and scheduling man loading, materials, equipment, installation and testing, support facilities and costs.
- Prepares master critical‐path type and time‐scaled overall schedules.
- Prepares plans and schedules, status reports and performance evaluations.
- Analyzes progress reports against the schedule.
- Develops and maintains manpower estimates and equipment and material delivery requirements.
- Monitors material status reports against construction schedules and reviews them with procurement and construction groups.
- Maintains liaison with the project and the field for schedule revision and update.
- Supports project management in accomplishing project status review and performance control.
- Performs work in a safe manner and actively encourage others to comply with safety rules and regulations, including wearing of personal protective devices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS/BA degree is required in a related field.
- Ten (10) years of analytical construction scheduling experience preferably in a scheduling lead role.
- Planning and Scheduling Professional, PSP, Certification is preferred or other similar professional recognition.
- Previous experience with P6 is critical.
- Desirable for experience in design and construction of airport facilities and or experience on a multi‐facility, multi‐year‐funding design and construction management project(s).
- Experience in working with senior management personnel, such as these, in the client's organization is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Have the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple assignments and tasks for one or more projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.