Human Resources Generalist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Human Resource Generalist directs and manages all Human Resources related activities for Mid Atlantic Baking plant and Route Sales. Ensures compliance with EEO, Harassment, labor laws, contract agreement and labor relations. Will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices.
· Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
· Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
· Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy and contract bargaining agreements.
· Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
· Provides support and guidance to HR assistant, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
· Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Acts as support to the plant manager for all human resources activities and works with the quality systems manager to foster good safety practices and programs.
· Maintain company wide OSHA log.
· Coordinates and monitors workers compensation claims to ensure the least amount of employee lost time.
· Tracks and reports random drug testing results.
1. Participates in the development, implementation and enforcement of safety program.
2. Promotes employee safety in all areas of operations.
1. Ensures all plant personnel maintain cleanliness of the work area.
2. Ensures proper Good Manufacturing Practices are followed at all times.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
· A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
· SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
· Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, we operate as an integrated network of 10 bakeries and more than 30 distribution centers located strategically across the Eastern seaboard, not including our strategic partners which expands our reach even further.
H&S Family of Bakeries
Get fresh HR Generalist Human Resources jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.