H&S Bakeries CDL Tractor Trailer Drivers! $3000.00 Sign-ON BONUS!
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NOW HIRING CDL TRACTOR TRAILER DRIVERS!!
- H&S BAKERY
- SCHMIDT BAKING COMPANY
- AUTOMATIC ROLLS OF BALTIMORE
- MID ATLANTIC BAKING COMPANY
Joining our team as a CDL and be Eligible for up to $$3000.00 Sign-in Bonus!!!
The ideal position for a driver who enjoys returning home every day.
We offer excellent pay as well as safe driving bonuses. We also have an excellent benefit package including 401(k), Medical/Dental Insurance plus more!
LICENSE – Valid CDL Class A License as required by state, industry, city, county. Must possess/maintain a valid CDL license during employment.
OTHER – Ability to read, comprehend and practice necessary safety procedures, signs, etc. Must have ability to wear/use approved applicable safety equipment, as needed.
Joining our team as a CDL and be Eligible for up to $3000.00 Sign-in Bonus!!!
LOCATION: Schmidt Baking Co.
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager, Director of HR
STATUS: Exempt Non-Union
PAY RATE: Salary based on exp
H&S Family of Bakeries
The H&S Family of Bakeries are a network of 10 bakeries and multiple distribution centers along the East Coast, all committed to one thing: producing the best quality bread products possible. H&S Family of Bakeries includes Northeast Foods, H&S Bakery and Schmidt Baking Co. Together, our baked goods can be found in a wide range of establishments, from fast food and quick-service restaurants to cafeterias, hospitals, grocery stores and universities.
Human Resources Manager manages all Human Resources related activities for Schmidt Baking Co. Bakery, Distribution Centers and Sales. In partnership with the Corporate Human Resources Team, ensures compliance with all labor laws, contract agreements and labor relations. This position will oversee locations based in MD, PA, NJ, NY & VA.
Role & Responsibilities
· In partnership with the Corporate HR Team, guides and manages all human resources related issues as they relate to employer law, employee law and labor relations.
· Ensures compliance with federally regulated laws (i.e. FMLA, OSHA, EEO, Workplace Harassment, etc.)
· Acts as a support to the Plant Manager for all human resources activities.
· Works with plant manager and quality systems manager to foster good safety practices and programs.
· Acts as a mediator to resolve departmental disputes.
· Represents the company at grievance hearings, unemployment hearings, workers compensation hearings and EEOC mediation sessions when applicable.
· In partnership with the Corporate Human Resources Team, conducts internal investigations for all employee complaints and questionable work-related accidents.
· Supports annual open enrollment sessions and benefits administration
· Oversees new hire process and ensures execution of all company standards for onboarding and orientation.
· Maintains OSHA log
· Supports and coordinates FMLA, STD and Medical Leave for Schmidt Employees in partnership with the Corporate HR Team
· Coordinates and monitors workers compensation claims to ensure the least amount of employee lost time.
· Supports employee engagement and culture initiatives
· Other supplementary duties as required
· Participates in the development, implementation and enforcement of safety program.
· Promotes employee safety in all areas of operations.
Requirements & Physical Demands
Bachelor's degree in human resources management, business administration or equivalent experience.
4-6 years of experience in Human Resources, with an emphasis on labor and employee relations.
Experience in Multi-State Compliance
Experience in managing multiple locations with diverse employee populations.
Experience working with unions, including managing multiple CBAs
Experience in managing 401k and pension plans
Must have a positive, "can-do" attitude and be able to work with many different types of people at different levels
Superb organizational skills, ability to work under tight deadlines and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office 365 including SharePoint & Microsoft Teams
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Utmost discretion, judgment and professionalism; able to maintain confidentiality
Experience with using HRIS & Applicant Tracking Systems
· Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant, company facilities, community facilities and customer locations.
· Able to research, develop, implement and monitor required policies and procedures.
· SHRM-CP or PHR Certification a preferred.
· Bi-lingual in Spanish or French language a preferred.
What’s in it for you?
At the H&S Family of Bakeries, we value our team members and make it a priority to offer competitive compensation that encourages longevity with the company and long-term growth. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive and affordable benefits packages, including medical/dental/vision, short term disability, retirement savings, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program and of course – cool company swag.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
H&S Family of Bakeries
The H&S Family of Bakeries including H&S Bakery, Northeast Foods, and Schmidt Baking Company together make up America’s largest family-owned variety baker, proudly providing specialty baked goods to major industry retailers and small businesses in the United States. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, we operate as an integrated network of 10 bakeries and more than 30 distribution centers located strategically across the Eastern seaboard, not including our strategic partners which expands our reach even further.
Transportation and Storage