At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow and make a difference.
You’ll take on new responsibilities from day one, learn skills for life, meet friends completely unlike you that make you feel at home, and start finding ways to make your big dreams come true. By living our Values daily and being your authentic self, you help us reimagine the future of an entire industry by making everyone look, feel and do good.
Be yourself & more at H&M.Job Description
About the Role Working at the heart of a fast-pasted fashion business, a Visual Merchandiser will create an environment that inspires customers to explore their personal style. This role will support and guide the store team to deliver the most inspiring and exciting Customer Experience in line with the H&M brand and values. You actively drive sales in the store and are responsible to implement the Visual Identity. The Visual Merchandiser will meet the expectations of customers & colleagues at all times, as well as follow all H&M procedures & standards.
This position reports to our Store Visual Manager (based on volume) or the Store Manager.
Your Day to Day*
Sales and Profit
The Visual Merchandiser will set the garment presentation on the Sales Floor & Windows according to the Commercial Handbook. Together with the Department Manager, the Visual Merchandiser will determine additional commercial opportunities in the store within the H&M brand guidelines. The role will execute floor moves based on those joint decisions.
- Ensure you are up to date with current fashion trends
- Share, inspire and educate the store team on seasonal trend information, upcoming campaigns, and brand standards
Direct Customer Service
- Ensure you meet customer expectations on direct service according to H&M standards.
- Support the store to achieve an excellent customer experience.
Indirect Customer Service
- Follow up the H&M Visual Identity through the implementation of the Commercial Handbook and secure well-styled mannequins in windows and in-store.
- Create a clear red thread from windows to A-area with wearable buying suggestions.
- Ensure high-quality garment presentation every day together with the store team
- Maintain clear customer flow through fixture placement and navigation in line with H&M standards
- Launch and maintain all sales campaigns and activities on time and according to H&M standards.
- Together with the Department Manager, you follow up on Store KPIs & initiate actions to reach store goals and budgets.
- Adapt the store planning according to store needs and budget from the Commercial plan.
- Complete and act on the Best Brand portion of the Customer Experience Tool to maximize commercial opportunities.
Visual Store Operations Routines
- Complete the sample picking as well as execute the floor moves in a way that creates clear stories and wearable buying suggestions
- Complete all sales floor and window morning routines daily before the store is open
- Ensure quantity and maintain the condition of all incoming visual props and marketing material with a sustainability mindset.
- Keep the visual room organized and safe.
- Keep all Visual materials in the store current and share information with the team on seasonal changes.
- Paint & maintain the windows as necessary.
People and teams
The Visual Merchandiser will support the Store team to enhance customer and working experience in-store through coaching and development. Together with the Store Management team, the Visual Merchandiser will ensure that all legal requirements and H&M policies are fulfilled.
Training and Development
- Evaluate & develop the visual and commercial skills of the store team through regular visual training for all colleagues to support garment presentation in line with the Commercial Handbook
- Maintain overview, follow up, and give feedback while executing floor moves together with the store team.
- Identify future Visual Merchandiser talent for succession.
Communication and Legal Requirements
- Ensure that all communication in the windows and on the sales floor complies with local legislation.
- Work in accordance with H&M standards and local legislation with health & safety and security routines, to guarantee you, your colleagues, and customer safety at all times
- Follow all procedures and routines regarding safety, security, and administrative processes in all areas of the store
Who You Are
- Inclusive, positive, creative, and willing to learn on the job!
- Passionate for customer service and helping people find their style
- A multi-tasker who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with an eye for detail
- 1-2+ years of transferrable experience welcome
- You have the ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Must be able to work with hand and power-operated tools (Iron, Steamer, etc) and lift in order to execute display setups
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends
- May be required to travel to support other store
Why You’ll Love Working for H&M
- A dynamic, team-driven work environment with a group of unique, diverse, and kind individuals.
- Endless growth & development opportunities
- Dress your personality. We encourage you to dress your personality all day, every day.
- Did we mention our discount at H&M, &Other Stories, and COS?
Job Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Hiring Range is $15.21 - $17.11 Hourly**
H&M believes in rewarding our employees for their many contributions to our shared success. That’s why we offer a full range of inclusive benefits that enable wellness, both in and outside of work. We pride ourselves on being a do-good company and we have a comprehensive benefit package that matches that ambition. Please note, benefits may have eligibility requirements based on employment status.
We offer: 25% Staff Discount - Medical, Pharmacy Vision and Dental Coverage – Employee Assistance Program - Vacation, Wellness, Holiday and Parental Pay – 401K – Commuter Benefits, Health and Dependent Care FSA. Plus, additional Voluntary Benefits.
Our Career site will have more details, click on Benefits at career.hm.com
EEOC Code: SLS
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
**H&M, in good faith, believes that this posted range of compensation is the accurate range for this role at this location at the time of this posting. H&M may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range depending on candidate qualifications. This range may be modified in the future.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.