- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow and make a difference.
You’ll take on new responsibilities from day one, learn skills for life, meet friends completely unlike you that make you feel at home, and start finding ways to make your big dreams come true. By living our Values daily and being your authentic self, you help us reimagine the future of an entire industry by making everyone look, feel and do good.
Be yourself & more at H&M.Job Description
Overall Job Summary: The Department Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Sales and Profit goals in the store by executing a plan to deliver the Best Customer Experience in the department and overall store. The Department Supervisor will work in accordance with legal requirements and H&M standards, policies, and procedures to meet the expectations of customers and colleagues.
This position reports to our Department Manager or Store Manager (based on volume) and has the following direct reports: dotted line to Sales Advisor(s).
Your Day to Day*
Sales and Profit
- Together with the store management team, ensure store operations, H&M standards, and best practices are followed through proper scheduling to maximize conversion and enable commercial activities (Move, Sales, Events, etc.) and excellent customer service keeping within the sales budget of allocated hours.
- Ensure H&M Customer Service standards are always delivered through active coaching and leading by example
- Ensure the maintenance of the sales floor is managed in a cost-efficient way to meet H&M standards and initiate actions accordingly with the store management team
- Perform all store routines, including the opening and closing of the store, following all Company practices and procedures
- Ensure that the truck is processed and follow up to ensure the execution according to guidelines
- Actively prevent loss and ensure the store follows appropriate safety and security guidelines
- Identify opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and sales with the Department Manager and then execute changes accordingly
People and Teams
- Ensure clear communication to Store team on business performance, company culture, training focuses through daily Behind the Seams Meetings and participating in leadership meetings
- May be assigned overall store responsibility in absence of Store Manager or Department Manager when opening or closing store
- Work with timekeeping and scheduling system as part of opening/closing routines
- May be asked to train other supervisors as well as complete projects on an as needed basis for their development
- Serve as a note taker for staff interviews when needed
- Act as a management witness, on behalf of H&M, in employee discussions as needed
- Ensure that all employee issues are immediately brought to the attention of management team
- Assist the management team in the day-to-day supervision of staff by directing and overseeing workflow within the store
- Assist the management team with the training and developing of Sales Advisors on the operational side of the business by following up on clear goals and providing timely feedback
- Ensure health & safety, legal, and security issues are being handled to H&M standards and local laws, securing the employee and customer safety at all times
- Strengthen our Company Culture by promoting feedback in our daily work and coach your team to do the same
Who You Are
- Inclusive, positive, creative, and willing to learn on the job!
- Passionate for customer service and helping people find their style
- A multi-tasker who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with an eye for detail
- You have the ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Open availability including evenings and weekends
- 1-2+ years of transferrable experience welcome
- Basic computer skills such as browser navigation, software interaction, and data entry are needed
- May be required to travel to support other stores and for training
Why You’ll Love Working for H&M
- A dynamic, team-driven work environment with a group of unique, diverse, and kind individuals.
- Endless growth & development opportunities
- Dress your personality. We encourage you to dress your personality all day, every day.
- Did we mention our discount at H&M, &Other Stories, and COS?
H&M believes in rewarding our employees for their many contributions to our shared success. That’s why we offer a full range of inclusive benefits that enable wellness, both in and outside of work. We pride ourselves on being a do-good company and we have a comprehensive bonus package that matches that ambition. Please note, that benefits may have eligibility requirements based on employment status.
We offer 25% Staff Discount - Medical, Pharmacy Vision and Dental Coverage – Employee Assistance Program - Vacation, Wellness, Holiday and Parental Pay – 401K – Commuter Benefits, Health, and Dependent Care FSA. Plus, additional Voluntary Benefits.
Our career site will have more details, check out: career.hm.com
Job Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
EEOC Code: SLS
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
Get fresh DEPT Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.