At H&M, we welcome you to be yourself and challenge you to grow and make a difference.
You’ll take on new responsibilities from day one, learn skills for life, meet friends completely unlike you that make you feel at home, and start finding ways to make your big dreams come true. By living our Values daily and being your authentic self, you help us reimagine the future of an entire industry by making everyone look, feel and do good.
Be yourself & more at H&M.Job Description
Overall Job Summary: At H&M we refer to our Assistant Managers as Department Managers and you are responsible for supporting the Sales and Profit goals in the store by setting a plan to deliver the Best Customer Experience in the department and overall store. The Department Manager will ensure that you have the Best Team and support their development, as well as work with succession planning, talent development, and structured performance management for the team based on results, values, and leadership. The Department Manager will work in accordance with legal requirements and H&M standards, policies, and procedures to meet the expectations of customers and colleagues.
This position reports to the Store Manager and has the following direct reports: Department Supervisor, Sales Advisor.
Your Day to Day*
Sales and Profit
- Regularly analyze and follow up on Sales & Profit KPIs for the department with the Visual Merchandisers. Secure that actions are taken to maximize selling. Support the Visual Merchandisers with these actions by securing the hours and staff needed for a successful execution
- Together with the store management team, secure store operations, H&M standards, and best practices are followed through proper scheduling to maximize conversion and enable commercial activities (Move, Sales, Events, etc.) and excellent customer service keeping within the sales budget of allocated hours.
- Plan and prioritize actions together with your team that have a clear impact on selling and ensure the implementation of the Commercial Handbook
- Ensure H&M Customer Service standards are always delivered through active coaching and leading by example
- Actively participate in executing store routines and tasks including but not limited to the delivery truck, garment processing, reductions, department moves, and price change
- Actively prevent loss and ensure the department follows appropriate safety and security guidelines
- Give input to the Store Manager and Area Teams on allocation and replenishment to secure garment levels according to sales trends and inform the Store Manager of any potential risks, threats, and opportunities related to the competitor landscape
People and Teams
- Manage the recruitment, training, development, and succession planning team in line with H&M best practices
- Evaluate and manage the performance of the Department team members; give regular feedback, execute dialogues, development plans, and follow-ups and take actions to improve performance and develop the team
- Deliver clear communication to Store team on business performance, company culture, and training focuses through daily Behind The Seams meetings and participating in weekly Leadership Meetings
- Ensure that health & safety, legal, and security issues are being handled to H&M standards and local laws, securing the employee and customer safety at all times
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with H&M policies and applicable laws including time-off requests, pay, conducting terminations & corrective actions, and making employment decisions
- Ability to maintain overall store responsibility in absence of a Store Manager
- Strengthen our Company Culture by promoting feedback in our daily work and coach your team to do the same
Who You Are
- Inclusive, positive, creative, and willing to learn on the job!
- Passionate for customer service and helping people find their style
- A multi-tasker who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with an eye for detail
- 1-2+ years of transferrable experience welcome
- You have the ability to lift in excess of 20 pounds
- Ability to coach and counsel staff on management and progressive discipline techniques
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stretch, engage in repetitive motions, push, pull and carry items (mannequins, clothing, totes, torsos, etc.) for a short distance
- Ability to climb a ladder and use a step stool
- Open availability including evenings and weekends
- Basic computer skills such as browser navigation, software interaction, and data entry are needed
- May be required to travel to support other stores and for training
Why You’ll Love Working for H&M
- Dynamic, team-driven work environment with a group of unique, diverse, and kind individuals.
- Endless growth & development opportunities
- Dress your personality. We encourage you to dress your personality all day, every day.
- Did we mention our discount at H&M, &Other Stories, and COS?
Job Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Hiring Range is $21.87 - $24.60 Hourly**
H&M believes in rewarding our employees for their many contributions to our shared success. That’s why we offer a full range of inclusive benefits that enable wellness, both in and outside of work. We pride ourselves on being a do-good company and we have a comprehensive benefit package that matches that ambition. Please note, benefits may have eligibility requirements based on employment status.
We offer: 25% Staff Discount - Medical, Pharmacy Vision and Dental Coverage – Employee Assistance Program - Vacation, Wellness, Holiday and Parental Pay – 401K – Commuter Benefits, Health and Dependent Care FSA. Plus, additional Voluntary Benefits.
Our Career site will have more details, click on Benefits at career.hm.com
EEOC Code: SLS
*This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties and responsibilities assigned for this job at the company’s discretion.
**H&M, in good faith, believes that this posted range of compensation is the accurate range for this role at this location at the time of this posting. H&M may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range depending on candidate qualifications. This range may be modified in the future.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.