- Posted: over a month ago
- $75,000 to $105,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental,
H&C Concrete Construction Group LLC, one of Nashville’s premier, growing concrete contractors is searching for a Project Superintendent. The Project Superintendent oversees profitable installation of project work by directing crew members as well as coordinating with team members, customers, and other trades.
Acts as co-leader with the Project Manager in project transition, start-up, close-out and post review. Reviews the project documents to establish the most cost-effective way to build the project while considering the impact of safety, quality and schedule. Provides input in establishing budget and is held accountable for units agreed to in said budget. Provides input to project schedule and is held accountable for meeting that schedule. Participates and/or leads project LEAN pre-planning meetings and supplies input for short-term look ahead schedules. Responsible for manpower; interviewing and assists in the selection process of new hires while following Company Recruitment and Hiring Guidelines. Responsible for the selection of the appropriate forming systems.
Coordinates and Executes Work
- Manages cost by adjusting:
- Crew size
- Crew skill mix
- Means and methods to address quality and efficiencies
- Meets with site staff daily to plan production, review schedules, materials, manpower needs, pre-and-post-pour checklists, and safety requirements
- Anticipates and mitigates schedule/constructibility conflicts with other trades
- Supervises and coordinates layout of the work
- Coordinates delivery of materials, equipment and services to maintain construction work schedule
- Coordinates the installation of work for subcontractors and other trades to maintain construction schedule
- Provides target and feedback information to the crews
- Recommends and leads change by implementing measures to improve production results and equipment performance
- Prepares and distributes short term interval work schedules
- Establishes and maintains appropriate security for equipment
Oversees and Directs Staff
- Supervises, trains, and allocates crew members to complete tasks safely and efficiently.
- Maximizes crew potential by directing their team according the the strengths of each member.
- Addresses complaints appropriately and in a timely manner
- Ensures that staff receive timely and appropriate compensation through daily/weekly time reporting
Promotes Client and Industry Relations
- Serves as a Company representative to maintain and enhance on-site client relations
- Attends and effectively communicates with the customer as the HC Representative in job site meetings
- Gathers market intelligence to promote future business development through relationships with client and subcontractors
- Maintains daily documentation of progress, issues, and milestones
- Work is a combination of office and field environments involving various types of conditions encountered on the construction sites.
- Ensures a Safe Environment
- Participates in Training/Certification programs as required for job and for team development
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 10 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Project Superintendent experience
- Line and Grade experience
- Foreman experience
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret schedules, drawings/details, specifications, and scope of work
- Ability to determine constructibility of a design and anticipate issues based on drawings, specs, and details
- In-depth knowledge and experience of formwork systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft software programs such as Word and Excel
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organization.
H&C Concrete Construction GroupWhy Work Here?
Fast growing commercial concrete construction in Nashville, TN!
H&C Concrete Construction Group focuses on commercial concrete construction. We specialize in foundations, pile caps, foundation walls, slab on grade, cast in place columns / walls, elevated cast in place decks, post tension systems, slab on metal decks / embed placement, shoring / reshoring, rod busting and all place and finish work. H&C performs all work in house to ensure quality.
917 8th Avenue SouthNashville, TN
ConstructionView all jobs at H&C Concrete Construction Group