GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products, and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 200 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Highly motivated, self-starter with an understanding of the construction industry. Experience with building envelope principals and product knowledge of building materials. Regular travel required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall knowledge of construction/building materials best practices
- Basic understanding of building codes
- Organized and diligent in the sales process; create and close sales
- Be able to track jobs that have been identified as opportunities and follow through to close
- Ability to learn and retain product line information and present to potential customers
- Be able to confidently speak in group situations
- Coordinate and schedule product demos with field tech teams
- Call on architects, engineers, owners and contractors to introduce and technically consult on waterproofing, air barriers, insulation and other building envelope products
- Heavy architectural and engineering sales calls for specification positions, as well as contractor calls
- Work closely with manufacturing partners and independent reps to drive sales
- Continually be aware keep management informed of competitive products, marketing practices and pricing
- Develop relationships and participate in applicable trade associations to drive business with the building envelope professionals and installers
- Work closely with existing sales team in growing category with established customers and developing new prospects within defined territory
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma/GED required
- 4-year Business or Marketing degree preferred
- Building materials industry sales experience preferred
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience selling value-added products in a building materials related industry required
- Highly motivated self-starter who can also function as a strong team player
- Drive, desire and ability to create and close sales
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be comfortable meeting the public
- Exceptional sales orientation, comfortable with cold calling and ability to fill the pipeline with opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet customer expectations
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills required
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to discuss business issues and propose appropriate product solutions
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Possesses manual dexterity for using computers, phone and other office equipment
- Occasional walking
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid holidays and vacation days
Works under the supervision of the Sales Manager with some supervision.
POSITION AND HOURS WORKED:
This is a full-time, exempt position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM, although such hours may vary as required by the Company.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
Equal Opportunity Employer