- Gypsum Floors of the Western Reserve is looking for several Concrete Finishers to join the team. As a concrete finisher you should know basic concrete and be able to work with all products associated with Gypsum Floors of the Western Reserve. Prior cement experience a plus.
Essential Job Functions:
- All activities pertaining to concrete preparation, placement, installation, finishing, and curing.
- Use of a pump to complete the pouring of the floor.
- Finisher/Laborer will install wire mesh, pour concrete, level surfaces, apply finishing techniques, and perform maintenance work.
- Finisher/Laborer will exhibit excellent knowledge of tools and equipment used in concrete work.
- Finisher/Laborer will be familiar straightedge concrete, finish concrete and rake concrete.
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Mechanically Inclined.
- Ability to travel to local job sites
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bi-Lingual is a plus.
- Proven experience working with cement/gypsum underlayment.
- Commercial driver's license a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or Construction Science is advantageous.
- Travel 50% or more of the time
- Must be able to sit, stand, hear, and see on a constant basis.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb and descend stairs.
- Must be able to bend, carry, reach, push, and pull on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- May work indoors and outdoors as needed. Exposure to heat up to 90 degrees and cold to 0 degrees.
- May work in areas where noise level is such that hearing protection is required.
- May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present.
- May be exposed to varying amounts of dust and dirt.
- Work surfaces may include concrete.
- Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
- Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via telephone.
- Some travel to other locations, meetings and/or seminars is required
Gypsum Floors of the Western Reserve