Gymboree Play & Music is the world's leading parent-child interactive play, music and arts program for children ages newborn to five years. In 2016, we celebrated 40 years of bringing play, music, arts and learning to families across the United States and around the world!
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead parent-child interactive activities: Gymboree classes include age appropriate play activities on our custom designed play equipment, songs, parachute play, and bubbles
- Teach a minimum of two birthday parties per month
- Lesson plan according to Gymboree curriculum
- Be responsible for knowing and achieving sales goals
- Use features and benefits of Gymboree to provide information and sell enrollments, merchandise, birthday parties and special events to new and existing customers
- Answer incoming calls, make outbound calls, and assist incoming customers in a friendly and outgoing manner
- Assist with off-site grassroots events (ex. Gymboree Retail Store, etc.)
- Work with our online database management system
- Attend designated staff meetings and training
- Maintain site standards, including, but not limited to: cleaning, stocking and pricing of merchandise, and helping with equipment set changes
NOTE: Gymboree Play & Music provides all training necessary, no Early Childhood Units are required.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with children newborn to 5 years preferred
- Solid group leadership skills, beginning computers skills and excellent phone etiquette
- Sales experience with the ability to provide excellent and personable customer service
- Team player, outgoing, enthusiastic, creative with a flexible schedule
- Availability to work days, nights and weekends throughout the year
We’ve been doing this for 40 years -- and we're just getting started
Gymboree Play & Music has been fostering creativity and confidence in children ages 0-5 for over 40 years. Today there are over 700 locations in 40+ countries, making us the global leader in early childhood development programs. Designed by experts in both education and in play, our age-appropriate activities help develop the cognitive, physical and social skills of children as they play. Our programs are also recognized for their unique approach to parent involvement—which encourages participation in and understanding of each child’s development.
Classes that grow with your child
Our class curriculum is developed by our experienced child development program directors and incorporate a balanced whole-child approach with activities to support what your child is mastering right now and what he or she will aspire to later. Classes are designed in 6-month increments to continue to meet a child’s growing interests and abilities. From birth to age 5, there’s always something special awaiting you and your child at Gymboree Play & Music.
Our play centers were created just for kids, from the ground up
We provide an environment where children are free to move, play and explore safely. Our proprietary equipment was designed by Jay Beckwith, a nationally respected playground designer with more than 30 years of experience, who created every structure with the needs of children in mind. Our play environments are designed to deliver the high-quality standard parents expect for their children. Watch Jay's Designing For Play video .
Originally founded by a Mill Valley, CA mom and run by passionate, family-focused entrepreneurs
Gymboree's story began in 1976 when Joan Barnes, a mother from Marin County, California, tried to find a safe, fun place featuring age-appropriate activities for parents and young children to play together. Unable to do so, she did what any innovative, entrepreneurial mom would: she started her own program! We’ve been proudly inspiring parents and children ever since, and most recently Gymboree Play & Music has once again become our own standalone company, separate from Gymboree clothing. Back to our roots, so to speak, and looking ahead to a bright future!
Sweet member benefits
We have so much to offer you and your child at Gymboree Play & Music. When you become a member, you’ll not only enjoy our classes each week, but also receive Gymboree Play and Music product and toy discounts, free classes, parent education about your child's development, access to a community of likeminded moms and dads -- and so much more. Get more information about our great member benefits when you stop by a location today.