Is commuting to work taking its toll? Want a more relaxed, local work environment while keeping your salary? If yes, look no further!
We are seeking a Comptroller to join our growing National residential remodeling organization, Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet. The Comptroller will oversee the Accounting and Finance functions of a multi-state company serving over 150,000 customers. We are a local, family-owned company but operate on a National scale.
Minimum experience required: Minimum 8+ years finance & accounting experience + Finance degree + CPA preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Comptroller is accountable and responsible for the performance and operation of the Revenue Audit, Accounting functions of Accounts Payables, General Accounting and Payroll. This role oversees the Accounting and Finance functions ensuring accurate, timely, informative financial statements and reporting; leading change by evaluating trends, designing systems, accumulating resources, and resolving problems; and developing quarterly and annual group action plans and initiatives necessary to support company growth.
• Responsible for developing, managing and implementing processes and procedures for the overall efficient operation of general accounting, revenue audit, accounts payables and payroll.
• Responsible for coordinating the accurate preparation and distribution of each office’s/region’s budget and financial reporting.
• Be involved in all aspects of finance and risk management, including corporate accounting, cost accounting, financial reporting, budget planning, financial analysis, forecasting, scenario analysis, cash flow planning, internal control policy, and compliance with tax laws.
• Implement cost accounting and financial analysis programs that analyzes profitability performance of activities and initiatives, and proactively identifies performance or cost reduction opportunities.
• Primary internal management interface with outside contractor for time, attendance, scheduling, payroll and time clock/electronic system?
• Responsible for maintaining department compliance with generally accepted accounting principals, government regulations, and internal controls.
• Responsible for monitoring and coordination of general and payroll tax payment and preparation with outside companies.
• Oversee banking relationship and foresight on needs for lending and financing activity or daily cash management needs.
• Manage tax accounting processes to ensure that all relevant data is available for federal & state tax returns.
• Management of staff (8-10 individuals) to include training, interviewing for hires and conducting performance management evaluations.
• Support the CEO and COO in developing organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; establishing functional objectives in line with organizational initiatives.
• Ensure that business systems and software are effective and efficient to maintain optimum workflow in financial operations; participates in system integration, reporting and new software purchases.
• Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
Ability to analyze and interpret departmental needs and results. Knowledge of state and local tax laws, employment laws, and banking regulations.
• B.A. or B.S. in Finance or Accounting required
• MBA & CPA preferred
• Min 8+ years related experience in finance and accounting with accounting software exp
• Experience in construction industry preferred.
• Exceptional analytical skills.
• Significant management and supervisory experience; ability to inspire and guide a team.
• Ability to coach employees to enhance their skills and performance and help them develop their careers.
• Possess a "Big Picture" mentality.
• Experience with mergers and acquisitions preferred.
• Experience with Enterprise Application(s) (integrated accounting, cost accounting, order management & business intelligence software applications) preferred.
What We Offer:
• Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, life, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation & paid holidays
• Competitive salary + bonuses
• Local family-owned relaxed work environment
• Opportunity for growth and advancement
Who We Are:
A Qualified Remodeler Magazine Top 10 National home improvement company, Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet® is the largest dealer of the revolutionary Gutter Helmet® gutter protection system. Established in 1981 and family owned and operated, we serve over 150,000 customers across multiple states. We’ve built our business on solid practices, excellent customer service and a superior product. Become part of a rapidly growing company with the opportunities to learn new skills with award-winning Gutter Helmet by Harry Helmet! Learn more about our company www.HarryHelmet.com.
Join our growing team TODAY! Email us your resume. We want to welcome you to the team, apply today!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.