Gustave A. Larson Company is the Midwest, Plains, and Mountain States leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, parts, and supplies. Our business philosophy is to focus on serving the needs of our customers, with a value-added, professional and enthusiastic attitude.
Under the direction of the Engineering Department Supervisor, the HVAC Designer will provide application engineering, design, and application technical customer support for all product lines for both internal and external customers.
HVAC Design, equipment selection, system application, design technical support, code assessment, drafting, and plan submittal. Provide all services identified by State licensing as the Supervising Professional on all designs submitted to the State, Local, or Municipal plan approval agencies. Manage the change order process for all projects through completion. As growth is an important part of the organization, other duties may be assigned.
Prepare drawings for customers showing necessary equipment, accessories, and other applicable technical information. Prepare one line drawings for quoting purposes. Stamp and submit plans to the State of Wisconsin for plan approval. Provide heating and cooling load calculations for HVAC and refrigeration applications.
Use PC-based drawing software when applicable (AutoCAD). Stay up-to-date with all appropriate national, state and local codes as they apply to the products sold and their applications. Provide all services required by licensing as the Supervising Professional on all projects. Complete in a timely manner all company required reports.
Sales and Marketing Support:
Will be responsible to support Larson Company sales personnel to review design conditions and field applications and provide product application sales support. Provide Bill of Materials to sales personnel on HVAC projects for pricing.
Assist Engineering Department Supervisor with developing and presenting engineering and application programs. Support the Management, Sales, Operations, Service, and Educational Teams with internal and external customer training.
- Enthusiasm, initiative, creativity, leadership, teamwork and confidentiality are important attributes for this individual.
- Requires the ability to operate office equipment to include a computer and keyboard, telephone, copier, fax, calculator, etc.
- This position requires computer software knowledge of drawing software (AutoCAD), word processing (MS Word), Spreadsheet (MS Excel), and presentation (MS Power Point) software.
- Professionalism, excellent communication skills, good conception skills, and a mechanical aptitude are very important to this position.
- Capability to prioritize duties in a fast-paced environment is also important. Customer relation skills are “Key” for success in this position.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires an Associate’s Degree in HVAC, or equivalent education and work experience.
- State of Wisconsin Designer’s certification or greater is required.
- Professional Engineering license is a plus.
- Working knowledge of commercial HVAC systems engineering and application is essential.
- All Designers and Professional Engineers are required to remain current on all educational requirements to retain their professional licensing, as well as adequate knowledge, education, and ongoing training to remain effective in the design of systems for products handled by the Company.
Other Skills and Abilities
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gustave A. Larson
Why Work Here?Gustave A. Larson Company is the Midwest, Plains, and Mountain States leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, parts, and supplies. Our business philosophy is to focus on serving the needs of our customers, with a value-added, professional and enthusiastic attitude.
Great work culture, work/life balance, and people!