IT Support Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Reports to: IT Manager
Location: Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Gustave A. Larson Company is the Midwest, Plains, and Mountain States leading wholesale distributor of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR) equipment, parts, and supplies. Our business philosophy is to focus on serving the needs of our customers, with a value-added, professional and enthusiastic attitude. Under the direction of the IT Infrastructure Manager, the Help Desk Technician will be responsible for providing support for multiple operational functions for the Information Technology Department ensuring the Company’s strategic goals and service needs are achieved.Primary Responsibilities:
- Installs and configures internal hardware components such as memory and disk in multi-user, PC’s/servers in order to maintain or enhance system operation and capabilities.
- Provides full user support for the company’s standard application software in order to meet user/company needs (including but not limited to helpdesk and virus software)
- Purchase equipment including desktops, laptops, printers, tablets, peripherals, cell phones, VOIP telecommunication equipment, and other accessories in accordance with company standards
- Perform on-boarding and off-boarding tasks to support HR activities.
- Performs initial troubleshooting and fault isolation on the network, PC’s, Servers, LANs, WANs, wireless, VOIP, multi-functional devices, or related system components in simple configurations in order to maintain system availability
- Support IT, Infrastructure Manager, as needed
- Commitment to legendary customer service
- Demonstrated time management, organizational skills, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast-paced technical environment
- Enthusiastic, effective team player
- Knowledge of asset management
- Knowledge of complex multi-user network systems
- Knowledge of operating systems on PC's and servers
- Knowledge of complex software applications on PC's, servers, and networks
- Knowledge of proper computer system data security/backup procedures
- Knowledge of telephony systems, equipment, and devices
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical computer problems
- Knowledge of mobile technology and devices
- Two-year technical degree or a student currently pursuing degree/certification in Information Technology at a technical school or university required.
- Exposure and/or experience to the helpdesk environment and operations are preferred.
- Understanding of technology (such as, but not limited to):
- Active Directory
- Windows Server Environment
- Backup systems
- Experience in RDS Environment Preferred
Other Skills and Abilities:
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Ability to perform work requiring lifting and/or physical exertion may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gustave A Larson Company
TechnologyView all jobs at Gustave A Larson Company